New Feed the Beast Modpacks

OTC Mike

So a couple of new modpacks for Feed the Beast have come out for 1.6.

Does anybody plan on playing them?

The OTC server I play on will be updating to the new Direwolf20 pack.

I just recently got into Feed the Beast. We have been playing with the Unleashed pack and it took me a while to get used to everything, but once I did, I don't think i'll ever go back to vanilla.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried it, but haven't heard about any problems. I know the direwolf pack was using a lot of memory and was causing some games to crash for some people if they didn't have enough memory. Could be a similar issue with Horizons, but I'm not to sure

Horizons was terribly unstable for the first few days.

I honesly haven't touched either much, just a few moments. I have been playing Stellarcraft and A New World mod packs quite a bit though

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Mike, have you tried out the new Tech World pack?

Its really solid. I am looking for a server that runs it now, I have fallen off with FTB, and am trying to get back into it more, so I can relearn it.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I haven't tried the new technic pack.

I play on a FTB (Direwolf20 1.6.4) OTC server.

PM me if you're interested and I'll see about getting you on. There are about 6 of us on regularly. We just reset the world this week so we are all in the pretty early stages.

I love the direwolf pack, so much fun. Im not even sure how to play vanilla anymore lol

I hear that. I hadn't played MC for a while and when Ghosts came out and it sucked ballz, i started playing FTB. I don't even care about vanilla anymore. All I want is more power and more automation

I haven't tried the new technic pack.

I play on a FTB (Direwolf20 1.6.4) OTC server.

PM me if you're interested and I'll see about getting you on. There are about 6 of us on regularly. We just reset the world this week so we are all in the pretty early stages.

Is Mob Griefing on? IE Creeper explosions and endermen?

I will have to look at the Direwolf pack, I don't remember enjoying it, but that could have just been gregtech.

Is it the one that Mittlemeier was running?

I think mob griefing is on at the moment.

It's not mittlemier's server. It's Nicks (nhigh). He's pretty cool about changing any of the settings as long as most of us agree, and that isn't to game changing. I'm sure this is one that nobody would have a problem with if we changed.

GregTech isn't in any of new new mods, but the crafting is a bit more material expensive than the Unleashed pack was. Cant' comment on how it relates to the Tech pack.

Are you looking for specific mods?

Not really, I just absolutely despise having my crap blown up or ripped apart by Creepers and Endermen.

I hadn't realized that Gregtech had been removed completely. I don't mind expensive recipes but that one just seemed insane when it was on hard mode which most servers ran.

not really looking for anything specific, I just wanted to sit down and accurately learn FTB more. Typically I never get to play FTB, I always end up an Admin.