kylebees

Anyone have the PS4 yet and if so, are you have any issues? I just read on the playstation website that thousands of people are getting pulsing blue lights and their PS4 is not working at all right out of the box. Not sure if this is only a few out of millions having the issue but there are ton of complaints. Just curious.

Apparently it's just a few. It seems like a lot because they are the people you hear. Heard somewhere the failure rate so far was around 0.6% or a something very similar.

The pulsating light is possibly an issue with the 1.50 update. I saw this comment on an IGN post about it and most people said it fixed their pulsating light issue. I'll post it here in case this problem happens to anyone.

If your PS4 gets hung up at the pulsing blue light while rebooting after the 1.50 update, DO NOT UNPLUG THE PS4 TO TURN IT OFF! Doing this could run the risk of bricking your console.

Sony support had us go into Safe Mode to reset to factory defaults and re-initialize to fix the problem.

1. Hold down power button until the unit powers off and the light goes out. This took about 10 seconds. 
2. Enter Safe Mode by holding down the power button until you hear 2 beeps. Release power button after the second beep. The Safe Mode menu will appear with a list of options. 
3. Select Option 4 to restore PS4 to factory defaults. Once it's done, the system will restart. 
4. In our case, after the reboot, the PS4 automatically entered Safe Mode. This time, they had us select Option 6 to Initialize the PS4. Note that by doing this, you will lose profiles and settings so just be aware that you are basically starting over. Once it's done, the system will restart.
5. When the PS4 comes back up, it will take you through the initial setup again as if it's being booted for the first time.

After that, we were back in business to play our games.

They had us go to the System Settings to see if the software version shows 1.5 and it does so we're up to date. We just hope this won't happen on every update.

This issue with the PS4 showing a black screen has been linked to a fault in the HDMI port on the back. Again, read this as it's more informative than I can be :P

Hopefully if anyone encounters these problems, this will help. Saves looking over the internet :)