Tank build

Stolen from Reddit

Wow... that title....

There is a lot to cover in this guide, so lets get started!

If you'd rather watch than read, here is a video:

If you are at work, here is a guide:

Positive Note:

This isn't an elitist guide. Pretty well anyone can do this build and succeed. I don't even have perfect rolled gear and I melt faces, as seen in the video. YOU WILL TOO

Start

Whether you want to do PVP or PVE content, damage and survivability are essential. If you can't tank a few shots from level 32 shotgun rushers, challenge mode is nearly impossible. If you can't kill enemies without using 50% of your ammo reserve....this is a problem.

My goal is to help you amp DPS, as well as help you survive engagements far easier.

Weapon Choice

SMG. I don't care which one. Get one. Now. DO it

SMG's are currently top tier dps weapons. Not only is their stability fantastic, the built in critical chance stacks exponentially with weapon mods and armor perks to make you a killing machine.

The rest of this guide will still apply if you choose to use a different weapon, don't worry!

Mods

Magazine mods are the LARGEST increase to dps in the game. I highly recommend getting increased magazine size + increased rate of fire as your secondary perk.

If you are going to craft high-end mods, buy an extended magazine blue print before any other mod.

Your scope should have increased head shot damage, and other mods should have either critical hit chance or critical hit damage

Armor

The only major armor piece is your GLOVES:

Gloves are able to roll base weapon damage, such as +350 smg damage. Adding a flat 350 damage to your gun, which then gets crits / head shots is the largest dps boost you can get for armor pieces.

For every other armor piece / perk, focus on critical hit damage / critical hit chance. Critical hit damage will most of the time be the better option, but either is good.

Damage to elites is also very powerful, but if you plan to PVP a lot, avoid it

Abilities and Talents

Skills / Talents in this build have synergy. Each effects the other in some way, making you a wrecking ball of tanky, high damage SEXY

1. Heal with Booster shot mod:AMAZING - Not only does it amp your already high damage, it reduces incoming damage

2. Pulse with Tactical scanner mod: Pulse allows you to see enemies, while also adding critical hit damage, critical hit chance, and increased damage to pulsed targets... on a 25 second timer! This skill is a MUST HAVE for this build.

Signature Skills:

Recovery Link (Heal): is really average for both PVE and PVP. It definitely can help your team survive, but in clutch situations, it doesn't compare to the others

Tactical Link (Damage Buff): when used in a group, this is the dps king. Mixed with your critical focused build, you will melt bosses and players alike.

However, I don't think this one is the best either. You already hit like a truck... If you die in 2 seconds, what is the point?

Survivor Link (Damage reduction): 80% reduced incoming damage is insanely strong. You can sit in the middle of 4 shotguns and still stay alive for a few solid moments. This ability is the dueling king, allowing you to dominate players in PVP, as well as tank shotgun rushing level 32's in challenge missions. This is my go to skill.

Talents:

Steady Hands: The reduced recoil when you enter cover increases your overall dps, despite it not showing on your character. Less recoil = more head shots = more damage

On the Move: 30% reduced incoming damage after killing an enemy while moving. This is the flanking players dream talent. This ability makes you tanky as hell, without needing to blow cool downs on survivor link

Precision: Headshots "Pulse" enemies. While I know we already have pulse, this allows you to keep your DPS sky high when pulse is on cool down. It also synergies well with:

One is None: Headshots have a 50% chance to not consume a bullet.

This skill is fucking broken lol. Remember what I said about magazine size? This skill adds massive amounts of damage due to increased ammo per clip. The "saved" bullets can also be "saved" multiple times, further improving this talent's efficiency

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Christy. I suspect that Stretch is going to go all tanky as he spaffs to riot shields.

You're pretty much spot on. The style of play just adds a different dimensions to how you go about your business. My favourite tactic is using it to flush yellow health enemies out of a difficult cover area so the rest of my team can hose him down without fear of cover whilst he fires in vain at the shield.

Now I'm starting to level up there's a lot more synergies that I can see between perks, talents and abilities, not to mention the status bonuses with the higher tier gear. Fun times ahead for min/maxing!