PS4 3.50 system software update – key features detailed

The3rdWalker

• Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.

• Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.

• User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.

• Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.

• Dailymotion, new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.

The closed beta goes live on 2nd March

Source (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/03/01/ps4-3-50-system-software-update-key-features-detailed/?emcid=social_20160301_58820696&adbid=704622616741416960&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785)

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are slowly getting on board with the quality of life features offered on Xbox Live. In my opinion, these updates, paired with a better overall console are really starting to leave Xbox One in the dust. The PlayStation 4 was already a better console but had more steak and less sizzle than Xbox One.

They are slowly getting on board with the quality of life features offered on Xbox Live. In my opinion, these updates, paired with a better overall console are really starting to leave Xbox One in the dust. The PlayStation 4 was already a better console but had more steak and less sizzle than Xbox One.

I haven't ever used an Xbone, my son wants one as he loves Halo, but that isn't happening anytime soon LOL

I like what Sony is doing with the whole setup, but my problem has been that companies like Amazon, Spotify, and Hulu have shitty apps for the PS4, and don't seem to care about fixing them. I wish that Sony could hold them accountable to meeting certain standards

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

but my problem has been that companies like Amazon, Spotify, and Hulu have shitty apps for the PS4, and don't seem to care about fixing them. I wish that Sony could hold them accountable to meeting certain standards

I feel like that's almost an Android OS problem in a way. There are so many smart tv's, streaming boxes, video game consoles that it's brutal for them to come up with a standardized layout/app/theme. But I agree that Sony should put more pressure on them, they are massive and something this big shouldn't have "window's phone" quality apps.

With the friends notification, about frickin time, that feature was present on PS3, why it got dropped befuddles me.

Appearing offline, praise the heavens, I've wanted that since the day I first logged into a PS3. *raises coffee* cheers Sony

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Hahaha! I'll still be jumping into parties. But I'm definitely excited that finally added the feature to go invisible.

Can someone explain Remote Play to me?

If your wife or kids need the TV, remote-play PS4 can now stream video games to any machine running Windows  or mac and doesn't require any additional hardware. So you can basically play your PS4 from your computer, or stream to twitch from your computer if you don't want to use your console.

Wait, seriously?

Oh man, I might start doing better in FPS games with using a mouse and Keyboard!

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Hopefully with this update, I can turn on the friend notifications and turn off the joined a party notifications, those are beyond annoying. Only reason I haven't turned it off is because it's the ghetto way of seeing who is online.[emoji14]