Not just cats have 9 lives!

Drifter

Tuesday morning my Niece was very upset, "timmy" the red ear slider turtle I bought her back in Feb died. My sister said they found him upside down with all his legs and head limp and hanging out of his shell. My niece obviously was very upset. My sister picked him up and he was completely lifeless, she said she poked his little leg and nothing, he was limp. So she put him in a box and sat him outside behind the house. My Niece went to school and then when her dad got him they were going to burry Timmy in the back yard next to the little Koi pond. My Niece wanted to see him one last time so they opened the lid of the box before they burried him.......Timmy was standing up on all four legs staring at them :ph34r::o:huh:

Needless to say my Niece started crying again, this time tears of joy :lol:

My sister swears he was dead, she said she shoke him and poked him and no response from him. His head/tail and all four legs were hanging limp. I looked online and actually found where this happened to someone else a few years ago. I guess when he flipped upside down he basically drowned, but because a turtles respritory system is so slow that they are not actually "dead" for some time after drowing. So sounds like when my sister took him out and sat him right side up in the box in the backyard, the water in his lungs must have drained out and he came too.

They went and got him a turtle dock to replace the rock that was in his tank plus filled the water higher so that he can right himself if he ever flips upside down again. He's been doing fine now for the past 2 days since this happened. He's a tough little SOB :D