PC Problem *fixed

BO7H B4RRELS

So the other day I started up my PC and the Windows logo came up, everything seemed to be normal.  But, when it got to the park where the desktop should be loaded, I couldn't see anything.  I hit ctrl+alt+del and that brought the picture back up for the menu.  But, after I closed out, it went back to the dark screen.  I restarted it, same thing.  I shut it down, took out the GPU, re-seated it, nothing.  I was able to start it up in Safe Mode and it seemed okay, I could see the desktop, but after I tried again normally, nothing but a black screen at the desktop.  

Any ideas?

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, both are turned on.  My primary monitor (hdmi) was the one I described above.  The secondary monitory was coming up with the message "unable to detect..."  

Both are plugged into my GPU.  Primary is HDMI and the other is RGB w/ an adapter to DVI.  

I'll do that when I get home.  I'm at work now.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Unplug them all except for the one plugged in to the GPU and see if it sorts it.

I tried it and it didn't sort anything.  Still the same issue.  Windows looks normal loading up, but when it gets to the desktop, the screen goes back.  I hear it it and all, it's there, but can't see shit.  

It works in safe mode though.  That's what gets me...  I don't understand that.

So I googled a bit and saw the old update the driver solution, so I tried it.  Nope.  

I tried to install the latest amd catalyst and it "failed to load detection driver" and "failed to detect system configuration" 

Not sure where to go from here.  

Ideas welcomed and appreciated...

Going to bed, check back in the A.M.   Peace.

Definitely a driver issue. The driver only loads once Windows starts up which is when your screen goes black, plus safe mode restricts drivers from loads, hence why it works.

You need DDU. Run that, remove any drivers you can find, and reinstall Catalyst. 

banlol.png

The black screen happens when windows has a delayed response.

Do you have win10?

Try it again and leave it like that for about 30 minutes and see if windows boots up

There are a bunch of users that have encountered what you are seeing https://community.amd.com/thread/184727

Those problems are reported for win7. 

Give just waiting for a while to see if it comes up a try if you haven't already

It sounds like the same thing Dave is talking about though, the drivers.  If I wait, and it eventually comes up, there's still an issues that needs fixed.  So, I still need to un-install, re-install the drivers.  

True but you might be able to see certain thing by having the actual driver loaded as opposed to the generic windows driver.

Also if it's a driver updating something if you wait for it to complete, you might not see it again after it's done that.  It think that's happened to me a few times with my old work laptop. 

Definitely a driver issue. The driver only loads once Windows starts up which is when your screen goes black, plus safe mode restricts drivers from loads, hence why it works.

You need DDU. Run that, remove any drivers you can find, and reinstall Catalyst. 

Fixed.

Thanks mi amigo