Need some help...

BO7H B4RRELS

Whenever I turn on my PS4 (hardwired), my wife's wi-fi on her phone goes out and she can't get it back on until the PS4 is off.  My phone seems to work just fine w/o any interruptions.  My PC is fine as well.  Not sure what the deal is.  Every time I try to google the issue, I get a bunch of PS4 wifi shiz.  

I asked Bart and Owl the other night and one of them mentioned maybe there's a max # of connections allowed set up on the router, but that doesn't seem right because it happens whether it's just the PS4 and her phone, or PS4, her phone, my phone, and the PC connected.  I've had the PC on, my phone, a laptop, and the PS4 all connected with no problems.  It's just her phone.  She has an Xperia Z.   

Any ideas what could be going on?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a novice on networking but could your wife's phone and the signal of the PS4 be running at the same frequency? Do y'all have the same phone type?

No idea about the frequency thing.  No, I've got a Galaxy S4.  She has an Xperia Z.  

I had a issue like this before with my PS3 and my other PS3. Every time someone turned on the PS3, it would kick me offline when I was on my PS3. Both of the PS3s were using the same IP address, I believe. So I had to change the one.

Hmmm... sounds like that might be the issue.  I'll look into this.  Thanks.

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I seriously doubt you are running Static IP's but double check just to be sure.

Also make sure your router isn't limiting the number of active connections. This is a setting that can be manually controlled

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I would look for the IP address first. 

Did you setup the network settings for your PS4 yourself? Do you remember doing a static IP address.  Some documentation recommends doing that in order to get a NAT type 1 by setting up the PS4 and router ports to look like a hardwired connection. 

Can you run a network test on the PS4 when it dies? At least it might give you an idea of the cause.

I doubt the number connections. To test that out, when the PS4 goes down. Turn off another device that is on your network and turn the PS4 back off/on. If it were the number of connections it should come back on line.

The PS4 isn't going down.  It's only my wife's phone that cuts out when the PS4 is on.  

It's not the number of connections.  Like I said, I've had my PC, my laptop, and my phone all going while the PS4 is on, and haven't had any issues.  My wife's phone is the only thing that cuts out when the PS4 comes on.  Even if it's only the PS4 and her phone and no other devices.  

Ok,

I can still be the same problem over. If the phone cuts out, it could still be because the PS4 has a static address which conflicts with the phones address. 

Check this link out. It's for a  linksys modem but the fundamentals should be the same.

You should be able to check what device is assigned what IP address from the modem menu. If you see that the PS4 takes the same address as what the phone use to have, it's a good indication that there is a conflict.

I had a static address for my PS3. What I did in that case is I put the address very high so that the dynamic addresses would not conflict.

http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

Might want to talk this one true rather than "emails"

Pat

Potential solutions for wifi droppingproblem on Sony Xperia Z

First of allmake sure that you haveturned the Bluetooth off whenconnecting to wifi. Also turn off theStamina mode. You can check if it is offgoing to Settings > Power management >Stamina mode.

1. After checking the previous two,restart your phone and the router.

2. Check properly that you haveprovided the right details and password.

3. Make sure that you have the latestfirmware. For your router, you need tocheck the website of the manufacturerand for your phone this should come asan OTA updates.

4. Try to change the channel of yourrouter and ensure that DHCP is on.

Go to your modem bac koffice.. type thisin the url

Linksys – http://192.168.1.13Com – http://192.168.1.1D-Link – http://192.168.0.1Belkin – http://192.168.2.1Netgear – http://192.168.0.1.

5. Turn off the MAC filter on your routerand add your phone’s MAC address.

6. Try Sony’s PC software. Install thesoftware on your PC and then go toSupport zone, then Start > PhoneSoftware Update > Start.

If these methods did not work for you,use this method : 90% of users found this method helpful that fixes WiFi issues

We have an issue where if the ps4 and the amazon firestick are connected at the same time, the router chokes and has to be reset.

It's an old wireless-G router, so I bought a new one, haven't hooked it up yet, but I'll double check the IP address situation.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.