QWXZJU.jpg
 LVO63F.jpg
 NLE0wF.jpg
 PfeUV3.jpg
 uXkMre.jpg
 ktNBbY.jpg
 Ox0dek.jpg
 D7u53q.jpg

Great time on the Au Sable again over the past couple days. Lot's of cookie cutter size bows between 11"-13" which are not huge but do make for an enjoyable day, then a few unexpected "bonus" fish. While late night fishing for browns I got a few decent Walleye on the fly which were fun. Also found a new spot on the river that is more secluded than some other sections which I plan to fish a lot more in the future. All in all a really good trip with a great friend.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in most places. There are a few sections where it "might" be shallow enough to cross, but even in the shallow spots the current in the center of the river is pretty strong and can push you off your feet if you aren't careful.

The water is pulled from the bottom of the lake, so it is ICE COLD.  That mist is out there every morning at daybreak.  It's really a beautiful scene getting out there in the fog, and then watching it lift around 9-10am.  It's a pretty shallow river and you can walk most of it with the exception of a few places.  Makes it a lot of fun to wander around and hit all the different holes.  The currents aren't very strong, unless you forget to high tail it out of there when they release water twice a day.  But that rarely happens during the good fishing hours anyway.

It's the Chattahoochee River in Buford Georgia.  That parking lot is about 20 minutes from my house :).

They dammed the river to make Lake Lanier, and that parking lot in the picture above is a few hundred yards from the dam and where they release the water.  I park there and wade about 1-2 miles south fishing along the way.  It's an epic place.  

Yeah man of course. I have the whole giddy up. Me, my brother and my dad head out on Saturday mornings, strap on our waders, boots, and vest, and wade anywhere from 1-2 miles south of the dam fishing along the way and then head back. Fish from 6am to 10-12, and then hit the sports bar on the way back to kill a few beers.

Pretty much all trout, browns and bows, but nothing big. Most are between 7-12", but we catch a lot. Been fishing there for 20 years so we know the spots