Wild Brook Trout trip

Drifter

Just returned home last night from a trip with my good friend Mark to Gates Lodge on the Au Sable for some fishing for wild brook trout. We stayed at Gates on the upper river rather than at my cabin on the mid section of river. Had a wonderful couple days with a good friend catching some beautiful wild brookies on dry flies during the bwo hatch. Also moved a couple really nice browns including one that was in the upper teens/20" range that chased my streamer but would not commit to taking it. Our room at Gates had a view of the river running right by it not even 50ft away, full service Orvis shop 50ft in the other direction of the cabin door, as well river side dinning. Gates is a great place to stay, too bad Rusty passed away so young in 2009 because he was always enjoyable talking too when in the shop.

Weather was cool with night temps hitting the upper 30's but daytime fishing was very nice not only because of the fish and beautiful river but also because the fall colors are starting to pop on the river now.

Here's about a 2-3 min slideshow I put together from the trip, hope you enjoy.