Christie pardon

McNasty

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/09/christie-pardons-nj-man-whose-legally-owned-gun-made-him-convicted-felon/

Anyone familiar with this?

Playing devils advocate here, how the hell as a new gun owner do you "forget" where your loaded gun is ?!?!  That would literally never, ever happen to me.  I don't buy his story at all.  Driving at night with his girlfriend, I think he wanted to be a billy bad ass.  Convenient that he could blame it on his 6 year old and apparently told multiple stories to the 5-0 as to why the gun was there.  My .02

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guy carries loaded gun without permit.  gets arrested.

"This is a case of a law-abiding citizen being turned into a criminal by New Jersey gun laws," Nappen told FoxNews.com in an interview last March.

is it just me, or did the law work exactly the way it's supposed to.  but yeah no totally evil gun laws be evil.

I have to admit that you lost me at Fox News Politics

Sorry, I have to ask for a second source before reading further than that.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It's not being reported on other mainstream outlets because all gun owners are the devil and anything saying otherwise isn't newsworthy.

Or maybe there isn't enough room to fit the story in with all these white cops hate black people and call me Caitlyn (no thanks I'll call you Bruce) stories. Prime time news right there.

I read the whole story and I can't see how it's even newsworthy. Why does anyone care about the bizarre circumstances that led to a nobody in NJ getting sentenced to a year of probation?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I read the whole story and I can't see how it's even newsworthy. Why does anyone care about the bizarre circumstances that led to a nobody in NJ getting sentenced to a year of probation?

It helps folks push a narrative and keep ratings and web clicks up so ad-revenue doens't slide

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

FYI Fox news reports the same as other sites just WITHOUT the liberal left slant. Which is why it is a favorite target for the lefties out there :rolleyes:

Haven't read the story till now, but no gun owner "forgets" where their gun is or if it is or is not loaded.

FYI Fox news reports the same as other sites just WITHOUT the liberal left slant., but with the GOP War on everything slant. Which is why it is a favorite target for the lefties out there :rolleyes:

Haven't read the story till now, but no gun owner "forgets" where their gun is or if it is or is not loaded.

Fixed that for you

Also, yea, if you own a gun and you forget if it is loaded or not, then you don't deserve to own or carry. 

I just read the story my 0.02 

are first of all if you are a security guard with a gun, you should be familiar with gun laws and no fuck up in this manner 

second of all if you are an inspiring police officer, I would think that you want to do everything in your power to avoid stupid legal charges

third of someone who has a gun should now the importance of properly storing their gun and not forget were they put it that day

fourth, why does someone who wants to be a police office drive with an expired registration (the reason he was stopped). 

Seems to me like the guys a bone head. 

Doc can jump in but know that in order to become a police officer here you are held to a higher legal standard than the general population. You driving record for example has to be impeccable.  Doesn't sound to me like this guy would meet the requirements event without the conviction

He's full of shit.  He knew the gun was in there.  As soon as I got to the point he says he was startled so he put it in the glovebox I know he's full of shit.

I like:

"Josey-Davis says he was going below the speed limit." to imply it was a bad stop.  Then later in the story:  "issued him a citation for his registration -- which had expired that morning".  Well, if your registration is expired, it doesn't really matter how fast you were going.  You were stopped for expired registration, not speeding.

Deeper in the article, I'm right on both the reason for the stop and the level of bullshit.

Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew Carey said Josey-Davis was stopped by police for driving a vehicle with an expired registration. He said that during the stop, Josey-Davis "gave four significantly different versions of the circumstances surrounding his illegal possession of the handgun.

Let's actually look at his bullshit account:

"While unloading his 9mm Smith & Wesson handgun inside his car, his 6-year-old sister wandered into the family's garage, startling Josey-Davis."

Then let's look at the law:

"Carey said he was charged with "having a handgun in the glove compartment of his vehicle" – and that the law stipulates drivers can only transport a gun, unloaded, in the trunk. (Josey-Davis' attorney, though, clarified that his client was specifically charged over the permit issue.)"

Well, no shit, that's how you have to carry it if you don't have a permit.  If you have a permit, you can carry in the passenger compartment.  Same thing.  However, if he's unloading the pistol while in the passenger seat, he's either already transported it home illegally and is unloading it now or he's preparing to leave and since you can't put it in the trunk from the passenger compartment, already intends to carry illegally.  The whole story is made up whole cloth, guarantee.  There was no unloading and being startled.  It takes 2 seconds to unload a gun, at very least the magazine would be out.

The law itself is stupid, IMO, I don't see an issue with someone without a criminal record carrying in their car.  However this guy OBVIOUSLY lied, Christie wants to score some points with gun owners for his presidential bid, and this is the result.  Liars profit in politics, and both of them qualified.

The whole idea of a governor or president pardoning people is bullshit IMO.  We aren't feudal serfs with an overlord at the manner.  This simply negates checks and balances when a judge and/or jury can be overwritten for political (or even less savory) reasons by the wave of a magic pardon wand by an elected asshole.