New Bonsai garden

Drifter

This winter has been really good for my business, been building tons of rods and staying busy 10-12hrs per day 7 days a week. Problem with that is you get so busy with work stuff you just have to take a day and do nothing but something that relaxes you. So I finally had to take a day off yesterday and used some relaxing time making a new Bonsai forest. Took about 15 hrs of planting pruning and wiring but I'm happy with the result. Will make a nice addition to the backyard Bonsai garden.
 sSEcYO.jpg
 q4ACtP.jpg
 JYUhSg.jpg
 g5d2ft.jpg
 YYMasN.jpg
 nhEFDI.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d3MFB2.jpg

p1nfYF.jpg

Worked on one of my favorite bonsai trees today. I started training this boxwood 2 years ago from a Sam's Club nursery stock bush. It was a plain old round green shrub when I bought it. Just finished giving it it's second pruning and wiring and moving it to it's smaller 2nd training pot. It's going in a very nice direction now. Few more years and it will really start to look good.

ViGD19.jpg
 VuTkYm.jpg

Thanks Tommy.
This is one of my Ficus bonsai that I was working on early this morning. Last year I started air layering it, which is basically removing bark in the middle of the tree trunk then applying rooting hormone and wrapping with clear plastic wrap. The purpose of that is so it will grow ne roots in the middle of the trunk so you can cut the tree in half. The reason for cutting it in half is because this one had the dreaded store bought bonsai "S-curve" which stores think make them a bonsai but most bonsai enthusiasts do not want an S-curve.

So after a year now it finally had enough new roots to sustain itself after being cut. Going to take a good 5 years to start looking good but it will get there.

I am in awe of your enthusiasm and drive. I'd look at a project like that and thing, wow, that's really cool. It's going to take how long? I'm gonna go play Uncharted.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I am in awe of your enthusiasm and drive. I'd look at a project like that and thing, wow, that's really cool. It's going to take how long? I'm gonna go play Uncharted.

Yup... a lot of things interest me, but I don't have enough motivation to see them through.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png