Titanfall 2 confirmed

L_C_Scipio

And it's coming to PS4, though neither of those facts is a big surprise.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc

I'm expecting this to be really good. The first one is great, it just needs more guns, more titans, more things to work for.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Titanfall was really good and had some sublime mechanics. The gunplay was pretty flawless and it was immense fun in short bursts. The concept restrictions was a complete killer as was the lack of content and Respawn have much work to do to get people back into IP as it's somewhat tainted. Don't think PS4 owners missed out on anything in all honesty. 

They really need to do away with the bot aspect and consider how Titans can be implemented on the maps which aren't at the expense of player counts. Also a proper campaign wouldn't go amiss. More weapons and detail in the ranking system to keep people engaged is nigh-essential.

I think Respawn really missed the mark in the first instance and spent most of the year trying to salvage the game but even with all the additions and new features; it was beyond help. It's gonna be tough for them to bring people back and on board especially without Jason West, a few key personnel who also departed and a limited amount of funding this time around but we shall see and hopefully they can right the wrongs. 

I actually really like the bot concept. You can play and have fun even if you're not the most skilled or if you're just having a bad match. Also, I think the main purpose of bots is just to help you get your titan quickly. There should definitely be more player-only options though.

I think Respawn used Xbone players as beta testers as they weren't to happy about being a exclusive.

I enjoyed it for the little I played it. Lack of content sucked. I also think they would of did well in PS4 as Ghosts was it's condender at that time.

I think Respawn used Xbone players as beta testers as they weren't to happy about being a exclusive.

I enjoyed it for the little I played it. Lack of content sucked. I also think they would of did well in PS4 as Ghosts was it's condender at that time.

EA sold themselves out to Microsoft because for exclusivity on the Xbox One; they promised to fund the entire game and pay Respawn's wages in the process of development in the hope of selling more XB1 units. All EA had to do was publish the game and reap the cash from sales in the process for doing next to nothing. Such a sweat deal for them but one of the worst business decisions Microsoft has ever made as the PS4 still outsold the One 3:1 when the game was released and for the remainder of the year. Even the Wii U had more sales last March! A brutally expensive lesson for MS which showed you cannot buy exclusivity to be successful. 

Although EA didn't have to next to nothing; they probably missed out on 5m+ sales which would have been far more lucrative even if they had to fund the production of the game in the first place. I don't think anyone won this battle after all the hype as Sony missed out, MS lost a wad of dosh, Respawn's IP is damaged before it even started, EA could have made more money and the gamer got a disappointing title in the long run.