Better Call Saul

jordie1892

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks alright from the trailer...

Iv been looking forwards to this ever since it was announced... Saul Goodman was a great character in BrBa, im hoping for another good series and I imagine it will be quite comical in parts...

Hope huwel or huel however you spell it is in it, he was so funny!

blackops2sig.jpg

Funny you posted this because I got the entire Breaking Bad series on DVD for Christmas and not even 10 mins ago I finished watching the 2nd season episode where Saul comes into it. I use to love Breaking Bad but after the 3rd season I missed a few episodes and stopped watching it, so now that I have the whole series I am watching it from start to finish.

Looks alright from the trailer...

Iv been looking forwards to this ever since it was announced... Saul Goodman was a great character in BrBa, im hoping for another good series and I imagine it will be quite comical in parts...

Hope huwel or huel however you spell it is in it, he was so funny!

maxresdefault.jpg

Funny you posted this because I got the entire Breaking Bad series on DVD for Christmas and not even 10 mins ago I finished watching the 2nd season episode where Saul comes into it. I use to love Breaking Bad but after the 3rd season I missed a few episodes and stopped watching it, so now that I have the whole series I am watching it from start to finish.

I'm rewatching it and am just a couple of episodes ahead of you. How are you finding it so far?

Just finished the final episode of Breaking Bad. What a great series, I think they ended it pretty darn well.

Very slight spoilers

Agreed. I think they handled it well. If there was one thing I wish, it would be Jesse and Walt having more of a talk at the end but at the same time that look they gave each other summed it up pretty well. Amazing series.

Kia Ora. 

After all Walt did to Jessie I think that was pretty much the only way they could have ended it between them. I was so shocked and bummed when they killed off Hank. It's funny how attached to a series character you can get. After they shot him I actually said out loud..."They killed Hank?!?" lol

After all Walt did to Jessie I think that was pretty much the only way they could have ended it between them. I was so shocked and bummed when they killed off Hank. It's funny how attached to a series character you can get. After they shot him I actually said out loud..."They killed Hank?!?" lol

Couldn't find this in better quality or without spanish subtitles, pretty funny though :D

I’ve only seen the first episode which was interesting, I really do like Saul as a character, but it totally shares the same slow pace with BrBa I was hoping it wouldn’t. Riding in this morning listening to the radio some hump was saying how he loved E02 when there was like 10 minutes of absolutely nothing happening. That he enjoyed the camera movements etc… O boy! :(

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I quite enjoyed episode 1, it wasn't outstanding but it could set the rest of the series up quite well. The ending was also a hell of a cliffhanger!

As a former media student I have to say I secretly enjoy sweeping camera angles and nice production value...

I thought it was good. I agree the very first episode was a little slow moving, but that is also how Breaking Bad was so you get use to it if you're a fan of that series. The 2nd episode was a lot better so I think it'll start picking up a bit now. I love that fact they included Tuco! B)

Saul's one liners crack me up. I love when it told the kid "The only way this steaming pile of shit I drive is worth $500 is if theres a $300 hooker sitting in it"!

Something I found funny here. Last night I started trying to think if I had seen the guy that plays Saul in anything else before and couldn't think of anything off hand so I googled him. Blew my mind when Jim Careys "Cable Guy" came up with credits to him being in it. I looked and I'll be damned he was in it. He played Matthew Broderick  brother.

So what do you guys think so far of the show?

I "like" it so far, but it does seem to be off to a really slow start. By the 4th episode of Breaking Bad there was a lot more going on than there is in BCS so far. They need to get it moving into a bit more action IMO.

So what do you guys think so far of the show?

I "like" it so far, but it does seem to be off to a really slow start. By the 4th episode of Breaking Bad there was a lot more going on than there is in BCS so far. They need to get it moving into a bit more action IMO.

Yeah, BrBa was faster, but it make for fewer episodes when the plot just races away. It's over sooner than you would like It.

Personally I like the pace of the show as it has been since the start... I believe it is intended to have a slow build up. Saul lives a life as an unsuccessful lawyer and not much has been going on for him until this day.

Like we saw in the last episode, when he and another guy worked together to make money from fake Rolex watches and Saul called it beer money.

Seeing these glimpses into Saul's everyday day life makes you connect to the character a lot more and there's probably a point in showing all of this. He works his way up from a nobody who lives with his isolated brother and in a naiI salon. It is the plot line for this series after all, so the pace doesn't surprise me.

We'll probably be in for a lot more action at the end of this season/start of the next one.

Wanna talk slow series? Hear this:

The Walking Dead.

:lol:

So what did you guys think about the season finale?

By the way, anyone know who the actor is that's playing as Marco? I can't find his name anywhere, he's seemingly uncredited for his role... Why would you want that?

I have a theory though, maybe I'm crazy but...

I think Steven Ogg in a fat suit. With an extraordinary make up job.

I have compared their voices, accents, eyes, mouths, ears, teeth, facial expressions, the way they talk and their mannerisms, everything for more than an hour now... I still think Ogg when I see him.

So what did you guys think about the season finale?

By the way, anyone know who the actor is that's playing as Marco? I can't find his name anywhere, he's seemingly uncredited for his role... Why would you want that?

I have a theory though, maybe I'm crazy but...

I think Steven Ogg in a fat suit. With an extraordinary make up job.

I have compared their voices, accents, eyes, mouths, ears, teeth, facial expressions, the way they talk and their mannerisms, everything for more than an hour now... I still think Ogg when I see him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Rodriguez