The Next Mass Effect Game

BO7H B4RRELS

The future of Mass Effect looks dire.

Bioware clearly doesnt give a flying feather about their fans anymore, the Doctors are long gone, EA has a tighter grip on their IPs than ever, and the universe was left with tons of unanswered questions (like why have a scene of Shepard breathing in if he still presumably dies)...

Yet my dumb a$$ is going to get this game.

DM9ON.png

I like Mass Effect, so I guess it's good that there will be more stories told across the Milky-Way, but I do have concerns.

First and foremost, Casey Hudson can rot in hell. Any producer who thinks he himself knows better than the rest of the design team that has poured their hearts and souls into a game is a shithead of highest order. How arrogant is that, thanks for all your help everyone, but I'm going to decide the ending by myself, so fuck off. (oh, and fans be damned)

I'm concerned that if it takes place after the events of ME3 that it will be based on a default or "canon" ending of that game. For anyone who didn't choose that ending, BioWare says:

TrollFaceDancing.gif

Finally, I'm a bit concerned that EA is trying to ram the Frostbite engine down the throats of all their developers. I would think BioWare knows what they're doing, do we really need another Frostbite game? We've already got Battlefield and Battlefront, and probably more that don't I know of. This smells of a corporate mandate to me, though I obviously have no way of knowing.

//Datte, I assume that scene was there to imply that Shephard presumably lives, why else would they include it?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

//Datte, I assume that scene was there to imply that Shephard presumably lives, why else would they include it?

Because they never did anything with it.

The ending for me (1 week after midnight release) was a confusing and horrid ordeal.

It was only made worse by the scene of Shepard breathing in, since it gave you a twisted sense of false hope. When the Extended Cut DLC finally arrived, everyone expected for that scene to be expanded on or atleast deleted, but nope.

It was still there in its original and confusing state.

Keep in mind that even though he is presumably alive in and after the scene, Bioware (mostly that sh@tbird Casey Hudson) stated time and time again that he is dead and will stay that way.

So for what other reason was that scene for (other than to troll the fans)?

DM9ON.png