Office 265 Gallon aquarium

Drifter

Good day today, picked up the 2nd 45g wheeled can for storing/aging water so now I can do 90g(30%) water changes using aged water. I also added a few more fish to help get the aggression down and it is fully under control now, almost to the point of being down right mellow now. Added my big male Dimidiochromis compressiceps and Dragonblood I had from a 55g tank. And a buddy stopped by and gave me a really nice bleekeri and a trio of 4" male Venustus so they are currently in the tank for the time being. Adding those really helped settle things down in a hurry. Thanks again Wayne 8)

Monitoring water parms very close still and they are right were I want them with 7.7ph, 0 nitrite, 5 Nitrate, do have .25ammonia but that is because it comes out my tap at that level (still waiting for a reply from the water dept on that one because chloramine is not listed as being used in my city but with ammonia out of the tap I think they must be doing it so I'm treating for chloramine now in my water)

90g of water storage area
Exk7Tr.jpg

And a few more pics of the tank / fish in it now
baFx0d.jpg

FdR4Qk.jpg

vJ9joq.jpg

uTCBDI.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5PZmRA.jpg

Found this guy at the local shop the other day. Been looking for one of these Livingstonii for awhile now.. Only about 5" currently but has some nice blue already showing in his face. He's still getting settled in so not showing the same color he was in the shop just yet. He'll spend the next 2 weeks in the Q-tank then go into the 265g after that.

Awesome Steve!

Someone else posted this as well......how long does it take you to clean and dust in there??  :o or do you have someone come and do it for you?

It's not too bad. Usually about once per month I will take a day where I spend about 2 hours and do a good cleaning in both the shop & office.

Been working on a way to add a realistic thunderstorm to the big tank with lightning that flashes in sync with thunder. This is the first test run using an MP3 player with storm sound fx ran in a loop wired into a device called an Apollo Jammer which DJ's use for light shows. Also has speakers plugged into the splitter of the Apollo Jammer for full sound to go along with the flashes. First bench test run