Jeb Bush for President

McNasty

Anyone following this?

In a message posted on social media on Tuesday, Bush said he's discussed his plans with his family. "As a result of these conversations and thoughtful consideration of the kind of strong leadership I think America needs, I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States," Bush said. 

From some of the news videos I've watched online, everyone is talking about his differences with the Republican base on immigration and common core, but nobody is talking about the fact that his last name is Bush.  Is it just me, or does anyone think another Bush has a shot in hell at becoming president?  I just imagine people walking up to the booth, and picking Clinton because they don't want another Bush and thats about as deep as their decision making goes.

I don't know much about him or his politics, but my initial impression is that another Bush is the last thing we need.  Damn these political dynasty families, they feel so entitled it makes me sick.  We had Michelle Nunn (daughter of GA Senator Sam Nunn) vs David Perdue (son of former governor of GA Sonny Perdue) as choices for Saxby Chambliss Senate seat down here in Georgia.  Screw these people. 

So who's ready for another Bush?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to think i'd judge based on the candidates' individual merits, the way it should be done.  i agree it'd be a shame if it devolves into a "brand war" (eg. do you want a Bush or a Clinton based on past experience?), but then again that's basically what it always devolves into with the two-party system.  Pepsi or Coke.

what's your deal anyway, are you back or mostly just lurking?

I don't like to get into political posts much so I'll just say a quick word on my feelings and leave it at that.

GW Bush got a lot of unjustified hate IMO. Hypothetically Jeb could be the best candidate for office but we'd never know because he would not have a chance because of his last name and the way the libtards jump on the hate Bush bandwagon. The current president has done far worse than GW in most aspects of office IMO. The only one that could be worse in office than Obama would be Hilary. I'd vote for a goat as long as it wasn't Obama or Hilary.

Since we can't have an independent/third party president, I think the only way to keep things centered is to alternate left/right/left/right. Dems stay in power too long and taxes go up to pay for every kind of special program, Reps stay in power too long and they start legislating morality and looking for a war to fight.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Dont really care, its not like anything will change in the long run anyway

For the most part I agree with you, although what concerns me most is having Hillary Clinton as president.  I'd take Obama over Hillary any day of the week.  And we all know how much I love that guy.  I don't imagine anything revolutionary happening if a Republican becomes president, I just see things getting way worse if Hillary wins.  The woman has no soul.

what's your deal anyway, are you back or mostly just lurking?

I'm on here more now than I have been for the past year or so.  Most of my online social time was spent with games like Modern War and CoC but I burnt out and quit both of them recently.  Still play CoC for the random clan war here and there

Since we can't have an independent/third party president, I think the only way to keep things centered is to alternate left/right/left/right. Dems stay in power too long and taxes go up to pay for every kind of special program, Reps stay in power too long and they start legislating morality and looking for a war to fight.

Unfortunately the politics of the last 10 years have made it where having both parties in control of different branches of government is just a recipe for stalemate and more bickering. Heaven forbid these people find a way to compromise.  That would be the ideal scenario, as impossible as it may seem.  I agree with the summary though

Personally, I hope we can find a way to nominate a moderate Republican.  The primary system tends to screw that up for everyone though, as only the hardcore vote in primaries and the majority are far right or far left.

From a Canadian perspective W got a lot of unfair negative press. A lot of it was also justified. 

He was reputed for being bat shit stupid yet he graduated from Yale and Harvard.

Sept 11 occurred under his watch but he really didn’t have anything to do with it

Hurricane Katrina was under his watch also. He got lots of negative flak for that but again that’s something that wasn’t his fault. Other presidents never had to handle something like and could or could not have done any better.

The financial crisis happened under his watch but most of the deregulation happened before he was president.

If Jeb is as unlucky as he is, I rather not see him become president.

I really don’t understand why anyone would want the job give the shit mess the world (and the USA ) is in these days.

For the most part I agree with you, although what concerns me most is having Hillary Clinton as president.  I'd take Obama over Hillary any day of the week.  And we all know how much I love that guy.  I don't imagine anything revolutionary happening if a Republican becomes president, I just see things getting way worse if Hillary wins.  The woman has no soul.

Yea I can't really argue with the lesser of two evils, as its the approach I take

My problem though is that the more I read about Bush Jr, the more I come to the conclusion that he was a "Useful Idiot" for Cheney and his power block.

Would Jeb be any different?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yea I can't really argue with the lesser of two evils, as its the approach I take

My problem though is that the more I read about Bush Jr, the more I come to the conclusion that he was a "Useful Idiot" for Cheney and his power block.

Would Jeb be any different?

Well he's not a Bonesman, so maybe there's hope

I'm on here more now than I have been for the past year or so.  Most of my online social time was spent with games like Modern War and CoC but I burnt out and quit both of them recently.  Still play CoC for the random clan war here and there

in honor of your return, however temporary:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/12/16/hero-mom-calls-into-cspan-to-berate-her-arguing-pundit-sons/

you'll always be my brother, Poofy.