Another school shooting in the US

Diddums

Washington State school shooting: Two dead including gunman at High School

v2-shooting.jpg

A student opened fire in a high school cafeteria north of Seattle on Friday, killing at least one person and injuring four others before turning the weapon on himself, officials have said.

Police said the gunman was a student at Marysville-Pilchuck High School in Marysville.

His surviving victims, two males and two females, were all young people, according to medics. Three were in critical conditions with gunshot wounds to the head, said Joanne Roberts, chief of medicine at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett. Meanwhile, the fourth victim, a 14-year-old, was being cared for at Harborview Medical Centre.

Following the incident, the school was put into lockdown as police searched the school room by room to ensure the facility was safe.

Robb Lamoureux, Marysville Police Commander confirmed that two people had died and said police believe the first shots were fired in the cafeteria, but he could neither state what prompted the shooting, nor the gunman's identify or that of his victims.

Mr Lamoureux said that officers evacuated students from all of the buildings on campus "to make sure there [was] no longer an active threat," the Guardian reported.

Mr Lamoureux went on to stress that the area "is an active scene."

"We do ask parents to please stay away," he said.

To help reunite concerned parents and school pupils, Marysville Police has tweeted a meeting point around ten minutes away from the high school.

At the church, buses pulled up periodically to drop off students evacuated from the school, with some running to hug their parents.

The Marysville School District said in a statement that "Marysville Pilchuck High School is currently in lock down due to an emergency situation. Police and emergency services have responded."

Ayn Dietrich, an FBI spokesperson in Seattle, said the agency had personnel on their way to the scene to help authorities with the investigation.

The incident comes after a shooting at Seattle Pacific University on 5 June, where a gunman killed one student and wounded two others.

Again. This is getting ridiculous now.

banlol.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People do what they are rewarded for.

While I have no idea what the circumstances were here, the usual plot is pretty simple.  Child is bullied, child feels powerless, in the days of social media there is no escape from bullying even when out of school.  Child sees all the media coverage and fame (ie, power) associated with revenge by school shooting, the results are plain.

I'm always vaguely surprised it doesn't happen more often with the children today.  They grow up so fast in some regards and are so slow to mature in others.  I'm sooo glad I didn't have to deal with Facebook and constant contact via cell phone and the like as a kid.

I'm fresh out of high school, but I was lucky and lived in a smaller town (population 1000) so bullying, both physical and online were pretty nonexistent, very happy town.

I know if I ever have kids I'm going to do my best to raise them in a smaller town with a good community, that way nothing stupid like this happens, or has a chance of happening.

I'm fresh out of high school, but I was lucky and lived in a smaller town (population 1000) so bullying, both physical and online were pretty nonexistent, very happy town.

I know if I ever have kids I'm going to do my best to raise them in a smaller town with a good community, that way nothing stupid like this happens, or has a chance of happening.

There's always a chance.  Remember the Amish school house that was attacked by the nutjob?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish_school_shooting

Of course that's not the norm.  Pedophiles aren't normally active shooters.

That said, I think you're right.  The cities are fucking cess pits and always have been.  People lose their connection with the land, they lose the need to rely on neighbors and friends, and they don't worry about their reputation because there's always strangers around you.