Thoughts on our first Vault of Glass Run

JsinOwl

Thoughts and observations on my first Vault of Glass run.

First, it was a fucking blast, even though it kept me up way past my bedtime.

Second, the inside Gate team has a much easier job than the outside team. The weakest offensive players should be the ones teleporting. There should also be an inside gate team captain who keeps an eye on the timer and makes sure the inside gate team moves back before the teleportation happens.

Third, never ever ever open a fucking chest until everyone is there!!

Fourth, ideally, we have a crystal clear delineation of responsibilities. For example, I should know going in:

Part 1, I’m center plate

Part 2a, I’m left side, focus on oracles

Part 2b, I’m relic holder

Part 3a, I’m inside left gate team

Part 3b, I’m center minotaur duty

Part 3c, I’m inside teleport team, focus on oracles.

If each of us clearly knew our role at each phase and didn’t have to think or worry about what anyone else was doing, it would go much, much smoother.

Fifth, for the Oracle part of the Templar battle, we should have three teams of two, left, right, and center. One person’s job is solely to kill ads, the other person helps with ads but focuses on oracles. We kept having issues with people grouped up, not spread out enough.

Sixth, I personally think it would be good to have one person as the designated commander, who can issue orders when necessary to help keep the confusion down and respond more quickly to a fluid situation. If we were to do this, I nominate jSyn as a Vault of Glass General. He has an excellent “battlefield” presence and seems to me at least to be a pillar of calm in the middle of the shit storm.

Seventh, never ever ever open a fucking chest until everyone is there!!

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was random who ever gets teleported. Because sometimes I would get teleported and sometimes I would be the outside team. I always did the same thing prior to teleporting. So this is confusing, but yes I do believe that everyone should have a specific role whatever that may be.

Did the chest int the Templar room get opened?

The one inside the templar room is just a world chest not a raid chest. If by the one in the templar room you mean the one in a little hidden cave on the left side that only opens up when he is dead, that is.

Otherwise, Templar room has no chest. You get rewards after the oracle part and after killing him I believe. Also, raid chest do not despawn. So you're fine.

I thought it was random who ever gets teleported. Because sometimes I would get teleported and sometimes I would be the outside team. I always did the same thing prior to teleporting. So this is confusing, but yes I do believe that everyone should have a specific role whatever that may be.

The three furthest back get teleported.

Yep, what Hector said, so the inside gate team needs to shift to the back before teleportation. The gates are pretty easy though, as long as the relic holder knows what they're doing, and the random was a beast with the relic. The important thing is that the non-teleportees have the fire power to keep the gate open and clear of suplicants so the gate team doesn't get nuked when they come through. The outside team also has to hold minotaurs off the center conflux.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Good job guys. I love the fact that not one of you is pissed that you couldn't do it. It just made you more determined. Can't remember the last game that was this challenging for a group of proper gamers.

Anyway, carry on discussing tactics.......

*grabs popcorn*

I agree with your post J, I think more careful planning and clearly defined roles would be a good place to start.

We need everyone to get to at least 27 light or higher as well. I'll hopefully get something useful from xur this week to help get to 28. We can run raids and stuff together, work on marks and Rep for better gear.

Perhaps a obvious point, but we really need to try to live at all costs. One person drops and things go to shit.

I don't have a problem trying to be our directional leader/general, if everyone is OK with it.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Hector - So there are only 3 "raid" chests?

Sheez - Good point about staying alive. *says the guy who kept falling off the cliff*

In the gorgons maze we should also practice focus firing on gorgans. Once they spot you, you have a short window of time to kill them, thus averting team wipe.

We could use another Voidwalker. Nova Bomb easily smokes two Praetorians at a time. In hindsight, I should have probably been on minotaur duty.

Did any brits participate in this? Sounds a lot like my old raid days in WoW. Co-ordination, Co-ordination, Co-ordination!

I brought my PS4 in to work where it shall reside for the next 5 nights. I should gain a few levels by then, provided the internet here plays ball.

banlol.png

Sheez - Good point about staying alive. *says the guy who kept falling off the cliff*

In the gorgons maze we should also practice focus firing on gorgans. Once they spot you, you have a short window of time to kill them, thus averting team wipe.

We could use another Voidwalker. Nova Bomb easily smokes two Praetorians at a time. In hindsight, I should have probably been on minotaur duty.

I'm working on a Warlock. I've got a exotic and two legendary items for it. I just have to get it to 20

Just saw an interesting video for the Gorgons lair or whatever. Apparently they cannot see you when you are up high and there is one particular rock when you first see the Gorgon ( rock is to the left after you have seen the Gorgon.) Then once up there; you'll see another Gorgon down and to the left and he passes and everyone drops down and into the cave tunnel trail area heading towards the maze platforms.

A random group I was in tried that, we all shot 2 rockets at a single gorgon (12 rockets in total!!) and he lost about half his health lol. 

A random group I was in tried that, we all shot 2 rockets at a single gorgon (12 rockets in total!!) and he lost about half his health lol.

OK then, good to know, scratch that idea