The Newsroom

Horrible_Hector

okay, does anyone watch this show? It is.. in a word, brilliant. I'm sure everyone loved the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Ever since seeing those first few minutes, I knew this would grow to be one of my favourite shows, and it has!

The trailer for the final season was put up a few days ago and it has me beyond hyped. 1 month away, can't wait.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wait can we not "like" posts anymore or have i just been away too long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JJOPHW_NQ

@Jason, looks like they're tackling the marathon bombing this season. 

this show is pretty flawed, but it's also a Sorkin joint which means it's still better than 99% of everything else on TV.  plus the subject matter deals directly with stuff i'm interested in (journalism, current events, etc.) so, yeah, i too have been hooked since the premiere. 

it doesn't hurt that Sorkin has never minded playing devil's advocate to the ideas he introduces on his shows.  you'll often get reasonable arguments from either "side" of a given issue.  West Wing would feature these dichotomies regularly.  i eat that shit up.

it also helps that Jeff Daniels can deliver a monologue like a fucking boss.

this is the opening of episode 3 from the first season.  i like it a lot.  it's essentially this fictional newsroom's mission statement, which i guess means i believe in a fictional newsroom's mission statement.   i've posted it here before when we've discussed the role and responsibility of media, and to highlight the fact that alternative media's characteristic lack of accountability makes it worse than worthless -- it literally destroys our dialogue.  if you need proof of that, have a look at any conversation i've had with Spectre.  seriously, any of them.