I gots the guide, questions welcome

JsinOwl

If there's something you'd like me to try and find out, just ask. I'm sure most of what's in the guide is on the wiki, but maybe not. As I find useful nuggets I'll post them:

Nuggets of useful information

Enemies:

• Enemies with shields are immune to 'critical' damage until their shields are depleted.
  • Vex Minotaurs have a Void shield and no weak points, but blowing off their head prevents their shield from regenerating.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

How exactly does Crucible balancing work? All I can find anywhere is that "level advantages are disabled" without any explanation of what that actually means. I assume everyone has the same health and defense rating, but does it mean all guns do the same damage?

God damn accidental submit

Anyway, the things I recall are as you say level advantages are disabled. In PvE you do more damage to things that are lower level and less damage to things that are higher. In PvP this not the case in general.

Weapons are normalized based on their archtype, which is like a subclass for weapons. For instance their are heavy hand canons, balanced hand canons, light hand canons, etc. In PvP everyone's heavy hand canon has the same stats whereas in PvE there will be varity in stats, mods and level.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

I found the pertinent quote from the guide.

level and Attack stats do not

affect damage, so whether you are using a Level 5 Common weapon or a Level 20 Exotic, you will deal the same damage. In the case of

normal Crucible PvP, temporary damage mods are one of the few ways you can increase damage on your weapon, and almost every

such mod requires you to earn the damage bonus.

Based on that, it sounds like the weapons still have their RoF, Impact, Range, Stability, and Reload stats but these things are not in turn modified by level or the weapon's overarching Attack number.

Strange coins are the currency used for the "Agent of nine". He has exotic level gear, engrams and weapons. I think you'll need 13 to get something at the moment.

This arms dealer only spawns at the weekend and will be in different places. Currently he's over by the speaker against the large circular door you can't get through

Strange coins are the currency used for the "Agent of nine". He has exotic level gear, engrams and weapons. I think you'll need 13 to get something at the moment.

This arms dealer only spawns at the weekend and will be in different places. Currently he's over by the speaker against the large circular door you can't get through

currently, as in right this moment?

But why did the crypto-chap take my legendary gun, that's what I wanted, not coins?

If there's one thing I've learned about this game, it's that the crypto dude is a troll. You guys want to meet up at the tower and beat the shit out of him?

If there's one thing I've learned about this game, it's that the crypto dude is a troll. You guys want to meet up at the tower and beat the shit out of him?

Yes, yes and yes!! Had a few now where it's given me rare gear which wasn't even as the stuff i had equipped!

Saying that i wouldn't mind a few more strange coins. The sunsinger gaunlets for the Warlick look badass!!

I found the pertinent quote from the guide.

level and Attack stats do not

affect damage, so whether you are using a Level 5 Common weapon or a Level 20 Exotic, you will deal the same damage. In the case of

normal Crucible PvP, temporary damage mods are one of the few ways you can increase damage on your weapon, and almost every

such mod requires you to earn the damage bonus.

Ok, I have an auto rifle with a perk called Glass Half Full, which increases damage in the bottom half of the mag. The way I'm interpreting this paragraph, I do in fact get this damage bonus in the Crucible under the right circumstances. Does that sound right?

I've completed the story on my first character.

If I go through it again on the same difficulty setting with new characters will the rewards, loot chests, etc be there again?

Gold chests are for sure still there.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Loot chests are always spawning randomly. The Gold Chests are in fixed locations and stay there until collected. Every character gets their own set of gold chests. You get mission rewards the first time you complete a story mission but never again unless it's a daily heroic. (You didn't use to get rewards for the daily heroic but I thought they patched it, could be wrong on that one though.)

You always get stuff for strikes and raids.