Warframe Reviews

JsinOwl

With all the excitement surrounding this title, I watched the gametrailers review about a month or so ago. Since then, it seems to have steadily grown in popularity here. So I ask any of you with some spare time on your hands, please watch this review and explain why it's fucked up, because GT pooped on the game pretty hard, which is why I haven't given any serious thought to buying a PS4 and playing it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/zq855u/warframe-review

/I tend to trust GT reviews, if anything they're overly critical, unlike other sites that take their bribe money and slap a 10 of 10 on a game. 

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

This is a very early review it would seem.

Some points to touch on.

The crafting system doesn't seem that bad to me, maybe it's from playing Clash of clans where things take weeks to complete, so waiting a few days doesn't seem bad. I have built 2 warframes without spending a dime. What you do have to buy are extra warframe slots and weapons slots, but they give you some platinum to start with.

That being said I have spent some real life money that I got from trading games in, I figured I enjoyed the game, why not give the developer some money.

Level design seems good to me, there are some confusing things here and there, and nothing terrible. The levels are somewhat randomly generated, so they don't get to repetitive.

He only mentioned 3 types of missions, there are many more than that.

I thought this guy's comment on the review was good too.

This is a terrible review of a game that is more early access than open beta. While nothing in this review is untrue it seems like they ignore that this is a game still very much in development. This review also didn't talk about clans, dojos, the derelicts or the void.They also don't cover how you can trade other players for platinum (the real money) in game without ever spending real $ yourself. Not to mention the fact they have yet to develop any endgame and are still balancing things all the time. This review seemed like it comes from someone who has never grinded in an MMO, the "hours" it takes to get resources is a pretty big exaggeration 90% of the time. Honestly this review either needs to be redone every 5 months, taken down, or have a big fat disclaimer that says this game is still in development at the start. Since its a free game you're better off trying it yourself than listening to this review.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I don't really agree with the review. All he really touched on are the micro transactions. Which almost every "free" game has. The developer is trying to get some money. I don't blame them,no different that making dlc for games,camos or guns. When new Warframes come out there isn't a charge for it. You just have to find the resources to craft it. Yea it sucks having to wait on the crafting time but then again you can still play with your old weapon or frame.

He didn't talk about how fluid the mechanics are. Very few times have I had a problem with the melle animation. Not nearly as many frame rate drop problems as CoD or Battlefield.

My biggest problem is how buggy the invite system can be. It's difficult sometimes to party up. Still not nearly as bad battlefield.

The game does give very little direction to start off. You definitely need to get someone to help explain things or use the wiki or YouTube.

I traded in some games and got a PSN card to use for Warframe. If its a game I enjoy I don't mind spending some money on it. Hell I spent money on Ghosts and I hate that game. Actually bought it twice Xbox and PS4.

The levels are a little confusing but once you get used to them you know what to look for. It's a very good game for the price ;)

If they came out with a game for money I would buy it without thinking about it.

my thoughts on this:

I didn't enjoy my time in this game. It felt like Brink to me

How long did you try it. I wasn't to thrilled about itvst first but once I got some understanding of how things work it got a lot better. Plus I never played Brink so I'm not sure about the similarities. To me it was a lot like Mass Effect multiplayer

Thank you all for taking the time.

So is there anything in the game that absolutely cannot be purchased by grinding for in-game currency? If so, how much and how important is it?

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

So is there anything in the game that absolutely cannot be purchased by grinding for in-game currency? If so, how much and how important is it?

Extra warframe slots(more characters space ), you need to use platinum (platinum can only be bought with real money or traded for) to buy the space for the frames you build.

Extra weapon slots. Same idea, hasn't been a needed purchase for me yet. I'm sure as you play and get better weapons it'll be a bigger factor.

That's all I can think of. The game gives you some starting platinum at the beginning, so if you don't waste that you can buy extra slots.

So you're limited to the number of warframes you can have?

Yes. You are given 2 slots, it costs 20 platinum to buy more. I think they give you 150 platinum at the beginning, so if concerned about spending real money, save what they give you for warframe and weapon slots.

Keep in mind J, I am far from being a expert at this game yet, I think my information is correct, but I may be off on something.

You are correct. Keep in mind though that not all frames and weapons are worth holding on to. I've had a couple frames and numerous weapons that I've leveled up for mastery points and then sold because I wasn't going to use them again.

Also, the game has a trading system. There are some mods that people will pay a lot of platinum for if they're maxed out. It takes lots of time and effort to max them out but if you put the effort in you can get plat without buying it.

Regarding the review, he didn't even mention Defense and Survival, which are the two most action-packed modes; there's no downtime in those. Also the crafting is just down to personal preference. He said the wait time building weapons killed his motivation to play; on the contrary, that's exactly what keeps me coming back, knowing I'll have a new weapon to try the next time I play.

The wait time on frames can be excessive, but after you build your first one it's not so bad. If you plan it right you can have a couple to play with while you're building the next.

I've been toying about playing this for some time now on PC but the reviews on Steam are all of a mixed bag and I don't know if I have the time or energy to give it a looking at.

For anyone who plays it on the PS4; would you actually bother giving it a second glance it if there was a better selection of games out for the system and is it just to fill the void until some decent games with longevity come out?

I only have FIFA, Infamous, Watch Dogs and MGS V: GZ on the PS4 but if it wasn't for the selection of games on PC on still have to sift through; I'd still be on the fence as to whether i'd bother with Warframe even as a F2P.  

I've been toying about playing this for some time now on PC but the reviews on Steam are all of a mixed bag and I don't know if I have the time or energy to give it a looking at.

For anyone who plays it on the PS4; would you actually bother giving it a second glance it if there was a better selection of games out for the system and is it just to fill the void until some decent games with longevity come out?

I only have FIFA, Infamous, Watch Dogs and MGS V: GZ on the PS4 but if it wasn't for the selection of games on PC on still have to sift through; I'd still be on the fence as to whether i'd bother with Warframe even as a F2P.

After playing it for about a month now I would definitely give it a try,wish I played it sooner. Its great fun in co-op.If they were to come out with a paid version of it I would easily buy it.

They give you 150 platinum to start. I would recommend buying a couple of Warframe slots,20 platinum each And a few more weapon slots 12 platinum for two.

I think you would like it because it is quite similar to ME3 multiplayer. However the missions are shorter and you don't have multiple waves come in and out. You just play more missions. I kind of like that because some of those missions on ME2 could take quite a long time. 

Instead of leveling up your character, you level up your frame and you need to craft mods to get better mods.

the games doesn't lag too much and the quality is pretty good. 

I would say that my biggest complaint is the lack of information or instructions. I can be pretty darn confusing to figure things out. But you can use the wiki to help you out. 

Try it on the PC and see if you like what you see. I don't know what the requirements are but it will give you a feel for what to expect without having to invest in a PS4.

I did. It's not bad but it has pay to win mentality. You have to pay for your unlocks if you want to keep them. The default weapons however are pretty good. 

the game play is also pretty good. I was getting better connections than CoD with the game. 

Another thing I want to add, it's kinda nice playing a game that isn't pvp oriented.

They have pvp available, but it's not a main focus what so ever.

Ppl actually work together to kill big bosses, and revive you if you fall. Much different than I'm used to. I'm sure there is the random dick, but I haven't ran into one yet.

Inviting can be difficult

A lot of the missions are very much the same

Everything is obtainable by playing the game for long periods. Yes it wants you to buy platinum but that's because they know how impatient people are, you can pay to win essentially but it only effects yourself as it's a co op game...

The fun is trying the new warframes new weapons and just generally collecting treasure, the fun is getting a blueprint and then having to farm all the resources, then after a few days you have what your were trying to build, and it makes it that much more satisfying.

I love this game and I'm glad I tried it when I did...

First I did try it because if lack of games on ps4 but now it's just brilliant the more you progress the more interesting it becomes, seeing how long you can last in a survival etc collecting prime parts to build rare weapons and frames...

So yes James I would still play it if there were more options on ps4, put it this way I have watchdogs, I played the first mission, haven't bothered to play it since warframe is just too interesting for me right now...

Also, technically this is meant to be an open beta... There's a few bugs and glitches but even since Iv played it's improving all the time, so much new content is being released all the time. It's well worth a try IMO...

EDIT: one annoying thing about this game is there's no explanation about anything, everything has to be learned by yourself and passed on to new players, like it has been in here lately, it's very confusing...

blackops2sig.jpg