Alpha discussion

L_C_Scipio

First try at MP was fun, after that it's been nothing but pure frustration. My character is top level and I've got the best gear I can find but I cannot win a head to head gunfight. Period.

Basically if your abilities aren't maxed out don't bother because you're completely screwed.

After playing for a little bit, creating a character doing the first mission, wandering around the lobby area getting a weapon and a ship etc, playing 1 round of a domination type game...

It's alright, but that's it. I'm not quite sure what's so groundbreaking and justifying this hype, obviously I need to play more, but right now this is no better than something like killzone for the mp gameplay...

I don't like the running, as always no shooter seems to know how to make running fell nice and smooth like COD.

There's no happy medium with sensitivity for me, default 3 was way to sensitive, 2 is still too quick when ADS, and 1 is too slow. Also I found that when sprinting the initial response for aiming is slow, and not the same as when standing stationary.

Map I played was very very basic, with ghosts being the last fps I played it was a bit of a shock coming from ghosts cluttered tight maps.

However, I did like the openness of the map even if it was basic.

Another thing I liked very much is that it works perfectly! Not the slightest bit of lag at all.

blackops2sig.jpg

After playing for a little bit, creating a character doing the first mission, wandering around the lobby area getting a weapon and a ship etc, playing 1 round of a domination type game...

It's alright, but that's it. I'm not quite sure what's so groundbreaking and justifying this hype, obviously I need to play more, but right now this is no better than something like killzone for the mp gameplay...

I don't like the running, as always no shooter seems to know how to make running fell nice and smooth like COD.

There's no happy medium with sensitivity for me, default 3 was way to sensitive, 2 is still too quick when ADS, and 1 is too slow. Also I found that when sprinting the initial response for aiming is slow, and not the same as when standing stationary.

Map I played was very very basic, with ghosts being the last fps I played it was a bit of a shock coming from ghosts cluttered tight maps.

However, I did like the openness of the map even if it was basic.

Another thing I liked very much is that it works perfectly! Not the slightest bit of lag at all.

I kinda agree. I think Titanfall is the only shooter that has truly mastered the perfect control feel. It is just so smooth and flawless and feels incredibly satisfying - even better than COD and that's saying something. Destiny feels like an old Halo game in terms of the movement and the engine. The alpha has put me back on the fence as to whether this game will be worth it. Too many next gen games have died almost immediately and whilst Destiny may have some considerable longevity; I don't know if the community or people will be motivated to stick with it. Titanfall had the best beta I have ever seen and two weeks after release it was dead. Destiny has a lot more meat to it and I'm happy you can ADS unlike Halo but I dunno if it'll keep me engaged until Xmas. 

For all that I've seen through the hype; I'm still waiting to see where this $500,000,000 went. We shall see though..

I would absolutely love it if they took the movement effects from either sleeping dogs or watch dogs and dropped them in this. I can't see how it would be hard.

There are already buttons that do dick all in the game, so just add a movement effect to it and you are done. (Vaulting over shit, sliding across smooth surfaces, Climbing instead of halo double jumps)

also, what is your guys thoughts on the Sparrow bike? I like it at times, but the movement feels jankie, I hope they work on it

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

also, what is your guys thoughts on the Sparrow bike? I like it at times, but the movement feels jankie, I hope they work on it

The Sparrow bike reminds me of the covenant vehicles from Halo and it handles just as sluggishly. 

I've actually been on foot most of the time as Bungie + Vehicles = frustration although the movement is a bit bland and basic. 

I had a side mission that took me about 500 meters passed this one waterfall near the Cosmodrome. I hopped on the bike and BAM was there. So it was nice for that, but also, every other side mission is a crawl, so I never did the same thing again, so it seemed odd

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Alpha has been extended for an undisclosed period of time and the beta has been confirmed for July 17th

Are you sure?

I went to play last night after the USvGhana game was over and the servers were down. I jumped on Twitter and they said they had pulled the plug