Memorial day weekend plans?

Drifter

We do a yearly company /friends and family party at my brother in laws house.

Friends come in from out of town, we drink some beer, cook some lamb on a spit and have a live band play. It's a good time, I look forward to it every year.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

A few things for me this weekend

Wedding anniversary, Wife's birthday, Put up some bead board paneling in the living room, and finish the bay window bench.

Wish I was fishing

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Your avatar is freaking me out, add eyes to it!!! ^

To the OP, BBQ party on Sunday for me.

It's artsy-fartsy

Ooooooooooooooo

I think it's one of my favorite emblems I made.

DM9ON.png

I'll spend Monday like I have for the past 9 years.

I'll wake up and go to the same parade I have been going to since I was a little kid. At some point during the parade my wife will ask when I'm going to walk or ride in it, and I'll dance around an answer by telling her "maybe someday."

At some point during the parade I'll wander off and find a place where I can be alone and I'll end up breaking down in tears as I think about my friends who didn't come back from Iraq, and their families and their kids who have to endure this day with out their husbands and fathers.

I'll eventually make my way back to the parade and watch my daughter grab candy that is thrown from the floats, pretending to have a good time.

After the parade I'll get home and start setting up for a picnic that I always have at my house. The day will go on as usual, and as usual I'll drink myself into oblivion, call 3 or 4 of my buddies that I still keep in touch with from the Marine Corps and see how their day is going - usually the same as mine - Hating life and pissed off at all the people who look at this day as just another day off from work and a reason to get drunk with their friends.

At some point later on in the night I'll black out and pass out - hopefully in my bed.

And if it's a really special day, like the one 6 years ago, I'll wake up around 2:30am, take off my clothes, grab my car keyes and tell my wife I'm going to play golf and I'll be back in a few hours. (true story)

I'll spend Monday like I have for the past 9 years.

I'll wake up and go to the same parade I have been going to since I was a little kid. At some point during the parade my wife will ask when I'm going to walk or ride in it, and I'll dance around an answer by telling her "maybe someday."

At some point during the parade I'll wander off and find a place where I can be alone and I'll end up breaking down in tears as I think about my friends who didn't come back from Iraq, and their families and their kids who have to endure this day with out their husbands and fathers.

I'll eventually make my way back to the parade and watch my daughter grab candy that is thrown from the floats, pretending to have a good time.

After the parade I'll get home and start setting up for a picnic that I always have at my house. The day will go on as usual, and as usual I'll drink myself into oblivion, call 3 or 4 of my buddies that I still keep in touch with from the Marine Corps and see how their day is going - usually the same as mine - Hating life and pissed off at all the people who look at this day as just another day off from work and a reason to get drunk with their friends.

At some point later on in the night I'll black out and pass out - hopefully in my bed.

And if it's a really special day, like the one 6 years ago, I'll wake up around 2:30am, take off my clothes, grab my car keyes and tell my wife I'm going to play golf and I'll be back in a few hours. (true story)

Sad.

This is why we have our party(see my original post) at my brother in laws.

He was in the army for 10+ years, retired a Major I believe. He has about 5 or 6 ex army friends (that are now my friends) that come in from out of town. We all have a good time, share laughs, and they remember their fallen friends together.

I guess long story short, it may help for you to be with your army buddies, people that have walked in the same shoes as you.

I have many ex military friends, and as much as I try, nobody can understand them as well as other ex military people.

I wish you the best, seriously.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

He has a party every year so I’m going to a very good friends for BBQ, booze, shooting guns and setting off fireworks RW&B style. Our whole crew should be there this time. I'm excited to see their faces.

I'm sorry to read that 'OTC Mike', it hits home for me. Memorial Day was always a somber holiday in my family.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

@Mike

hard to "like" that post if you know what i mean, but i don't know how else to show support without knowing fuck about what you've been through, man.  i know it doesn't mean anything but i'll be thinking about you and the other servicemen i know and have known, from here and elsewhere, come Monday.  won't be drunk, neither.  respect.

EDIT:  and let that little girl have all the candy she wants.

We don't have memorial day in Canada. We have rememberance day on the 11th of November. 

We usually go to the War memorial which is downtown Ottawa where they have the Veteran parade, key people laying flowers in rememberance of the past veterans.  The best part is seeing the old Vets parade at 70/80 years old  like pros 

We don't even get a day off which is sad since you cannot pay proper respect to those vets

I'll spend Monday like I have for the past 9 years.

I'll wake up and go to the same parade I have been going to since I was a little kid. At some point during the parade my wife will ask when I'm going to walk or ride in it, and I'll dance around an answer by telling her "maybe someday."

At some point during the parade I'll wander off and find a place where I can be alone and I'll end up breaking down in tears as I think about my friends who didn't come back from Iraq, and their families and their kids who have to endure this day with out their husbands and fathers.

And if it's a really special day, like the one 6 years ago, I'll wake up around 2:30am, take off my clothes, grab my car keyes and tell my wife I'm going to play golf and I'll be back in a few hours. (true story)

I have no words man.

I can PM you my number if you want to talk about meaningless shit at random hours of the night.

True Story: My Dad played D&D to help deal with a lot of the stuff he went through in his 20 years. Call me and I will run a game or hammer out something with you if it would help. 

I know this is shallow and trite, but I got nothing other than a desire to help.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'll spend Monday like I have for the past 9 years.

I'll wake up and go to the same parade I have been going to since I was a little kid. At some point during the parade my wife will ask when I'm going to walk or ride in it, and I'll dance around an answer by telling her "maybe someday."

At some point during the parade I'll wander off and find a place where I can be alone and I'll end up breaking down in tears as I think about my friends who didn't come back from Iraq, and their families and their kids who have to endure this day with out their husbands and fathers.

And if it's a really special day, like the one 6 years ago, I'll wake up around 2:30am, take off my clothes, grab my car keyes and tell my wife I'm going to play golf and I'll be back in a few hours. (true story)

tumblr_mzdd1rxx091rrx588o1_500.gif

Many people have lost sight of what Memorial Day is actually for.

People just think "oh, the matress sale day" and move on, never being fortunate enough to have gone what you and countless other families have gone through.

Keelah Si'lai,my good man.

DM9ON.png