Latest project- Bonsai garden

Drifter

Started working on turning one side of the backyard into a bonsai garden. Along the fence was totally overgrown with weeds so spent the day yesterday removing all the brush/weeds. Now today I've been installing some Monkey poles, laying down weed barrier, and pea gravel. Still have to get some more gravel, build some platforms on top of the monkey poles for the bonsai to sit upon, and going to cover the metal fence behind them with a long natural reed fence. I'll post up some pics when it is totally done soon.

Here is where it is at right now.

gxc7.jpg

Spent another 10 hours or so on the bonsai garden/outdoor area today. Still have some more to do such as laying some more paver stones, adding some more gravel and red mulch, more weeding to do around the flowers which are just starting to come up around the canopy area now. And a few other things but it's starting to take shape now pretty well. It will look really good once the grass seeding I did starts filling in and the lilies and hosta around the canopy base are fully up. Hard to believe it was pretty much all 1-3ft weeds and a cyclone fence just a few weeks ago.

3jwt.jpg

dd0zm.jpg

syyl.jpg

ft4v.jpg

w6oy.jpg

kqhot.jpg

Thanks leper.

Busy day today, got a lot more done. Built a lattice style fence that comes out 16' into the yard to separate the sitting area from the grass area. Built a double hanging basket arm/pole, put in another 50 brick pavers, more mulch chips, more flowers, added some strawberry pots. The open area between the red mulch chips is the area where I will be putting a small water feature pond and building a small waterfall into it soon as the pump and liner get here this weekend.

Still more to do but it's getting there slow but sure.