The Blues

Dr Diamond

Loving the blues nowadays...rarely listen to much else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJh2FFUUoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqvU5CVHHmk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

this wrecks me

Derek's slide solo is fucking awesome in this. And Warren's tone in the the second solo is also orgasmic. I know Clapton makes some good songs, and i really like most of his slowhand album, but i find his solo in this, and some other tracks, to just be notes blasted out in the blues scales, with no thought.

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

man, Death letter by son house just cuts me

i dont know whether to feel crying shame or radiant joy that the blues came out of the worst conditions and harshest treatment of men, woman , and children that did absolutely nothing other than be born with black skin

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

man, Death letter by son house just cuts me

i dont know whether to feel crying shame or radiant joy that the blues came out of the worst conditions and harshest treatment of men, woman , and children that did absolutely nothing other than be born with black skin

Me too; at first it sunk it's hooks in me because it's catchy but after really listening to and reading the lyrics it lumped my throat. (In fact it's been stuck in my head for days now. Woke up with "You know love hides all faults, make you do things you don't want to do. Love sometimes, leave you feeling sad and blue" looping in my brain.)

It's funny I really enjoy the tempo and vocal delivery in this version. The toothless mouthing of words actually adds to the feel. :lol: If you search for more versions you'll notice it's almost never delivered the same way twice musically or lyrically. Also learned The White Stripes covered it. Their cover is garbage much like most of their music IMO but... This thread has me digging around and finding gems. I started a list of people to listen to and share in the future :ph34r:

Yeah, the foundations of our "civilized" societies are totally fucked.

So yesterday I was listing to some blues on Pandora and this song came on.

Immediately my brain began to hurt because I couldn't place where I had heard the riff before and I knew I had. Eventually I uncovered where the Joe Bonamassa - An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House album.

OG:

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

I am, ohh i am the blues.
I know the world knows ive been mistreated
And the whole world know ive been misused
I am the moan of suffering women
I am the groan of dying men
I am the last one to start
But i am the first one to begin

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

Just watching a video of BB King in concert at the Royal Albert Hall. Hell of voice, superb musician, bright as a button, telling a story "from a few years back when I was 84"

Amazing...hope I'm as lucid as that if I reach his age!

Can't post it up as it's a cable recording :(

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I have been watching bb king vids and it seems he is deteriorating in his playing and mental capcity which is prettt sad..how old is that video dave?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said: