Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson

Docwagon

Its official.  I've gone full on fanboi.  The Mistborn trilogy is still the best fiction trilogy I've read, better than Lord of the Rings, the standard by which the bar was set high many years ago.  I have accepted that Brandon Sanderson is a fabulous author, he pulled the Wheel of Time series back on track and finished it strong after the original author died, his own original work is varied but always incredible...and now this.

The Stormlight world is just as original and well detailed as the Mistborn world, a completely new and different group of cultures, magic, and dangers.  Book #2 just came out, book #3 won't be out until 2015 or so, so this is going to be a long haul, but its worth it.  I'll end up reading them like I read Wheel of Time, starting at book #1 and rereading the whole series each time a new book comes out.

Anyway, if you're interested in following a new series of books, Stormlight Archives is just abso-fucking-lutely fantabulously awesome.  Yup, full bore fanboi.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't enjoy Sandersons writing style.

I will give this a try though.

Doc, do you have a kindle? or any type of eReader?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I just don't enjoy Sandersons writing style.

I will give this a try though.

Doc, do you have a kindle? or any type of eReader?

Kindle.  What have you read that he wrote?  Some of his series are geared toward teens.  If you haven't read Mistborn, look into that before you make your decision on him.

Kindle.  What have you read that he wrote?  Some of his series are geared toward teens.  If you haven't read Mistborn, look into that before you make your decision on him.

My wife has a ton of his books, I can get you the titles later. 

Check this out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/FreeEBOOKS/

While there is loads of trash on there, it is worth watching for the good ones that come through. On the right hand side there are a bunch of colored genre's if you click them, it will let you search by that genre.

All of these are also free per the publisher or author, so no fear of them being pirated or anything

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."