Avenged Sevenfold

Stretch616

Just wondered if there were any fans of these guys lurking around.

The new album's been leaked onto Youtube and i've had a listen today and it hasn't blown me away like past stuff of theirs has. For me the self titled album was awesome and got me into them and then I listened to the back catalogue. Just seeing how the band's sound progressed through these album's and then hearing the controvesy that the original fans had with the fact that they went away from the screaming.

I think it'll take a few listens but I just can't see this one taking a major place in my CD collection

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I made an account just to post in here.

I love Avenged Sevenfold, they've been my favourite band since I was a kid. I first heard em in '03 I believe it was. But first things first, it's A7X Chris. Get it right!

Anyways, I'm sad to admit that Hail to the King is my least favourite album by them. Don't get me wrong there are some great songs on there but they sound too Metallica-y. I love Metallica but this isn't A7X's sound. 

But thats all I have to say, I leave you with their albums in order of my favourite to least. And it is really hard to make this list, just fyi.

1. Waking the Fallen

2. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet

3. Avenged Sevenfold

4. City of Evil

5. Nightmare

6. Hail to the King

I've listened to the new one a few more times to see if it grows on me and sadly, I think I now think it's even worse. Hail to the king and shepherd of fire are ok, but planets is just pure awful.

Ahh well, at least it gave me a reason to start listening to the back catalogue again