34 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Doesn't have anything to do with politics. It questions basic personal morality. The character Rorschach is the perfect example of this always choosing to do what's morally 'right'.

I much prefer this type of film opposed to the attention grabbing 'explosions every 5 minutes' type of superhero films.

Funny thing is mate, I've probably watched Watchmen about 5 times and like I said, I'm not saying it's a bad film, it's just not a good superhero film.

Logan

Avengers

Infinity War

Endgame 

Iron-man

Thor Ragnorok

Guardians 1 & 3

Shang Chi

Spiderman 1 & 2 (Tobey)

Spiderman No way home

Black Panther 1 & 2

Captain America Winter Soldier

Captain America

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

The Batman

Justice League (Snyder Cut) 

Dr Strange

All better 'Superhero' films for me.

The thing with MCU pal to why people like it so much isn't due to attention grabbing explosions, it's because of the 10 year project they put together for the Infinity Saga, putting so many bits and pieces together and linking it all together at the end for 2 incredible films to close it out. 

26 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

Watchmen is a film showing the moral conflict within superheroes trying to save the world in a dark tone. While other superhero films don't explore the psychology and moral compass of the superheroes, Zack Snyder takes an ambitious approach to portray these complexities, making it the best film he ever made. - Financial Express 

And this proves why Watchmen is not a good superhero movie, it tries to cater to "highly educated" and goes way over the top for what it needs to be. Taking the superhero aspect out of it, probably a decent film, but your not going into a superhero film wanting to listen to bullshit political views for half the film, bored the living fuck out of me, felt like I was running a pub again listening to drunk pissheads talk about politics. 6/10

SPOILERS WandaVision Spoiler Discussion
Posted
1 hour ago, LordBaguette said:

Random cool detail in the last episode for everyone. At the end Darcy finds folder on Haywoods drive called 'Cataract' right before the hex expands. Cataracts is a condition where you can get double vision if untreated. So project Cataract was clearly created to create a new Vision. Double Vision, get it xD 

Does this support our theories that he could be MCU's Stryker or maybe even Ultron???? Does fit the bill tbf

Posted

Interesting theory tbf, did think something was off when he said about vision being dead yet saying he woke up straight after sekovia, I think he's a villain and I believe he is "Nightmare" who draws power from people being in a "dream state", low and Behold exactly what is going on in West View, I think he is manipulating Wanda somehow and if you re-watch the episode the word Nightmare gets mentioned a hell of a lot......... 

I think there are multiple villians working together, we all know about Agatha Harkness, a witch in MCU but first made her appearance in The Fantastic Four Comics so would be brilliant to tie this all together (especially with her evil laugh before vision switches her back to westview normality) 

Then I still think Mephisto is around (hense Pietro's hint at calling the twins "Demon spawn" which is exactly what they are 😳

Then..... This one is shot in the Dark but I possibly thing the sword agent Haywards could potentially be MCU's version of....... Stryker!! 

If you notice he was always fixated on Vision in the most recent episode and seems to want to result in eliminating the threat instead of dealing with it in a calming manner. 

Stryker was solely focused on elimating mutants and focuses on the rise of Androids so I think that's something to Focus on. 

Did love the episode though, some awesome references (Kick Ass had me giggling 😂), also loved the fact that everyone dressed up in their original comic book costume which was cool as hell! 

Can't wait to see what next week brings 💪👌

Posted

I do definitely think that they will bring in Hugh for a logan cameo or something with Deadpool, Reynolds said recently that before the Disney purchase that they were in plans to make Deadpool and Logan road trip across America! That would have been bloody awesome and apart of me still hopes that happens 🤣🙏

Posted

Have to agree with pretty much all of this and have been thinking since endgame about loki disappearing with the space stone that it would have consequences and open up to possible disastrous ones and it does look like its heading that way. 

Definitely think Wanda has done some kind of deal with Mephisto to bring Vision back but not realised what Mephisto is gaining from it, as we know in the past Avengers tend to have a habit of intending to do good with very bad consequences (Ultron for example). 

One thing that massively pisses me off though is that they haven't re cast the X-Men, I can't stand most the X-Men cast/films apart from Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy and obviously Hugh Jackman but the rest are atrocious, X-Men needs rebooting without a doubt as it was my favourite as a kid then the films ruined it for me (apart from Logan 👌

However..... Going back to your point of the multiverse is that it obviously confirms 100% what direction MCU are going with bringing past characters in with the likes of other Maguire, Garfield, Dafoe etc however...... If the Quicksilver of this Universe is dead, where are the X-Men of this Universe also and will they be a completly new cast (fingers crossed) as you would think they have to be as it would and the old cast are included in the multiverse with the other Quicksilver. 

Raises alot of questions however exciting ones..... Also now this multiverse is confirmed I'd love to see Hugh return as Old Logan one last time in a timeline before Logan. 

Would be awesome especially alongside deadpool. 

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy