Starlink
Posted
7 hours ago, James5497 said:

This sounds like something that'd be developed or is even already in the works. I think in terms of the bigger picture we'll be using satellite based internet in our homes in the next 10 years max.

I don’t think we will tbh, it’ll be like EV cars. It’s expensive and the market is very limited. Most of us live in a town or city where we can get fttp. The only people I see buying starlink are people out in the sticks where there’s no signals etc. 

Im apart of a smart home community group too and they install in the region of 200k cinema builds into houses etc, most of them refuse to install starlink due to the limitations etc. 

Starlink
Posted

We fitted starlink last month to a clients house. Although it has its uses it’s very limited. Wanna port forward or open a port for cctv or alarm connectivity? Nope it doesn’t let you…..

Robbie Coltrane Died
Posted

I had the honour of meeting him at his own home whilst working on his house. He was such a down to earth dude and not OTT like most celebs etc. Not very many people will be able to say that Anthony made them a coffee. Rest in peace sir. You’ll always be a legend. 

Johnny Depp v Amber Heard
Posted
1 minute ago, Diddums said:

This is FG, I think we all need a bit of mental help tbh 😂

Who are you referring to? If it's me, I've tried - they don't make therapists strong enough for me 😞 

I'm also shit-hot on any discrimination in FG. There are a few right off the bat I can think of who will openly post racist, homophobic and sexist bullshit so whenever I'm in the company of these people my ears are turned up to 11, because as a community, that will absolutely, under zero circumstances be tolerated. I've spoken to these people and they've apologized and that was the end of it, doesn't make them bad people, just makes them a bit insensitive to things that they might not be exposed to. 

What I will say is this: We play with people from all over the world. The deepest, darkest corners of the world, to bustling cities like London, we're dealing with cultural barriers, language barriers, geographical barriers and in a few cases, even religious barriers. This is why I never get angry when people express their opinions, I'm yet to find someone who couldn't be reasoned with after a discussion about why they might be offending someone. 

That being said, if anyone feels that they're seeing things like this I'd ask that they report it so one of the staff can deal with it. 

I thought Lee was your therapist….. Or was it a masseuse?? 😂😂

Posted

I stick by my original comments above. You both need mental help. Domestic abuse is a serious issue whichever way it’s being dealt either the male or female. 
I’m not sure where the homophobic stuff is coming from as that’s one thing I call people out in, Lee knows and can confirm this and I don’t see any above..

Posted

I’ve watched all of the case from the start. 
It’s clear they both have demons and both have their issues they need to get professional help for. Johnny knows and acknowledges this and has been trying which I believe. 
Amber too obviously has issues that need sorting. 
They both were toxic within the relationship and the trial proved this. 
Did Johnny abuse Amber? Yes he did, but not physically and sexually as she claims, he abused her mentally with words.

Did Amber abuse Johnny? Yes but she did it physically as well as mentally… 

I truly think Johnny isn’t even bothered by the money and probably won’t even chase her for it but will instead use this win as a chance to finally move on from her… 

And to be fair all she has to do is pledge to pay him right?? After all if she pledges it that means she’s paid it too! 😂🙈

Either way though I seriously hope she changes her therapists and gets some proper ones who can help her properly rather than seeing $$$

Changing ISP
Posted
Well, that was relatively hassle free. They wanted to give me a lower price but I just wasn't interested so I've signed up with BT to begin with. Only drawback is BT can't port my existing landline number from Virgin - yep, still use a landline so that'll be a whole mess of emails/texts to send at the end of the month. I can't believe line rental used to be something like £18/month now it's included in a £29 broadband package!

Got a BT package through TCB for ~50Mbps down 8Mbps up and landline with 500 Anytime minutes a month to UK landline or UK mobile for £34/month and also £85 on TCB which is a bonus! If they payout (eventually) as Didds says, I'll definitely use it more

Thanks for the help lads, much appreciated

That 50mb down will in real life be more like 10..

They inflate numbers like they all do. I’ve always found VM a more stable and better speed infrastructure over BT for the reason they have their own cabling network. BT cabling is used more basically 90% of the rest like sky, Bt, plusnet, etc etc

Either way I hope you don’t have any issues with the swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One simple question
Posted

I’m an electrician by trade so don’t have to worry about it.
If I wasn’t tho I’d rather pay a tenner a month to local well respected company rather than the idiots at British Gas. I’ve followed some of their engineers work and some of them are terrible. One of our customers tried taking them to court over stuff they’d done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy