Thanks crispymorgan. That's good ... I use an Atari with Cubase for music production at the moment and have a very noisy external SCSI hard drive hooked up to my sampler (fan noise) and I have to turn the whole thing off as its so loud. I'm guessing you can't turn off the fans on a laptop. 

It seems my Intro didn't post for some reason. Will do it again.

Thanks Phil Bottle.  Sorry if I made you think I'm not genuine ... I'm definitely not a market researcher .... I'm a violin teacher/musician!,  but I totally understand that you have to be cautious 🙂.  I've just added my introduction message and apologies for the delay.  I was just asking about the fan as I'm intending to use the laptop for music production as well as other stuff, so a noisy fan isn't great when you're writing music. Hope this clarifies 😎✌️🙏

Thanks ... yep, hard drive a good idea with the Etch a Sketch, but might need to hunt around for the right cables 🤔

I hear that some gaming laptops can be a bit noisy due to the fan ... can anyone tell me if they're all like that as I think that might do my head in a bit ... are some less noisy than others?

Cheers

Hello.

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on gaming laptops please. I get bad headaches from 60Hz refresh rates and am looking for a budget laptop with a higher refresh rate (120Hz or 144Hz) but can't afford more than £1,000 tops.  Would also need minimum of 4 USB ports.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Cheers

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy