Playstation Plus Free games
Posted

I agree with the recommendations for God of War, it's an incredible game. It's one of the last PS4 games I've played a few years ago before I left the platform for the Switch and Series X.

The valkyrie fights are intense; you will die a lot but the challenges are fair and are always rewarding. Loved platinum-ing the game so much.

Gotham Knights
Posted

It's my first time finding out that the people behind this game aren't the same ones as the Arkham series of games — I think I now know why you guys are apprehensive. I am now too hehe. But yeah, I'm optimistic too. Arkham Knight was pretty awesome but I hated that you needed to complete the game on hard to see the actual ending. Requiring the player to play the game again for the full story is bad enough for me, but having them play hard mode to see what an ending that's supposedly already served upfront is, I think, bad design. Don't get me wrong, if you enjoyed it, that's awesome — no issues with that of course!

Just that after that it felt like there's a big gaping hole for good DC games they need to fill up so they bring back the goodness of Arkham Asylum and City. Like all of you guys, I'm hoping it's this one. I have already pre-ordered it so there's no backing out. 🤣

Salt and Sacrifice
Posted

The boss designs look amazing!

I'm glad they're really adopting the cooperator system from Elden Ring. ER was my first Souls game, I never used the cooperator system (not by preference though, just wanted to see how far I can go without it but luckily I was able to beat it that way) but I'm still happy it's there as a choice. They pad the boss' HP as a way to balance things out and it makes harder boss encounters less stressful.

Videogame Magazines
Posted
On 5/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Nice collection! I think I have that issue of GamePro floating around somewhere but I'm sure it was an US import from WHSmith as I don't recall seeing it anywhere else or getting it again after that. I certainly have/had the Aliens, Rapid Racer and GT2 issues of Play Magazine which were always a decent read although I probably didn't get it as much or at all when the PS3 arrived. 

Thanks! That's awesome, we had almost the same lineup!

You're right, I think it was when the PS3 and Xbox 360 came over when demand for magazines kind of dwindled down. I think they were at an all time high during the 16 bit period to PS1, so-so during the PS2 and Dreamcast, and after that pretty much everybody moved to digital.

The only reason I got those Xbox 360 magazines was due to the demo discs they had. It's just incredible value. To my regret, I had to let go of about 5-7 Xbox 360 magazines complete with their complimentary discs to be bundled with some Xbox 360 games I had to sell a few years ago (I needed the money).

Videogame Magazines
Posted

Here it is guys, sorry my camera is terrible but I wrote a note for FG hehe 😄

I put Play magazines forward since they're from the UK, I thought it might be good to have some representation ❤️

SZ1r9sf.jpg

The one on the left is the OLDEST magazine I have here and it's for the NES haha. I can't believe they're all still alive.

Videogame Magazines
Posted

Great topic!!! I still have a stack of these, I'm gonna get them out, take a pic, and show it to you guys on another post (sorry I can't at the moment since it's in a separate part of the house).

EGM was my absolute favorite from back in the day. I used to read strategies of games and pretend I was playing it by getting absorbed in the screenshots hehe.

Best and Memorable Game Cheats
Posted

I was reading the posts and I remember now.

I was playing Jurassic Park on the good ole Genesis/Mega Drive. A neighbor friend said, hey why don't you try entering NYUKNYUK in the password screen.

NYUKNYUK are you kidding me? That doesn't look like a legit password.

The next hour that day I finished the game haha.

Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard?
Posted
On 1/22/2022 at 12:47 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

I think the pass is great for gamers but moves Microsoft are making could be seen as short-sighted and let's not forget this is a company that abandoned PC gaming for 15 years, thought Kinect would take over the world and just 2 months ago said they were 'reevaluating their relationship' with Activision.  

I like this sentiment about the move being a short-sighted one in the sense that it has immediate benefits and returns for everyone; first, Game Pass, then second, reviving old properties which are not exclusive to Xbox, so yes this is for everyone. But then there would be repercussions down the line.

Sorry I know links can be removed but I was just intrigued that the short sighted aspects to this was also raised by this writer:

shutterstock_1430140070-3.png
BLOG.PLAYERAUCTIONS.COM

The video games industry has been woefully underregulated for decades and this has led to a wild-west as far as business practices...

So yeah, it could be a real concern. I just hope we're wrong and this is actually intended to support Phil's vision of gaming for everybody or something along those lines.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy