I'll try raising the feet but that doesn't sound like it makes it harder, wouldn't that require less force to fully push up?  I also did try the diamond but either I can't seem to get my hand placement right, or my wrists are really weak.  What can I do to make them stronger?

I haven't managed to do any of these pushups since the weekend.  After carrying my daughter around on my shoulders for around 2.5 miles on Sunday, I woke up with huge pain in my neck / shoulder on Monday, so had to take it easy as any movement intensified it.  First time I've done this for some time but she's not getting any easier to carry [emoji23].

It's eased of now, so one more sleep should completely sort it.  I'm hoping to resume these tomorrow and see where it's left me.
Raising legs is mainly to isolate a certain portion of the chest but raising will add slightly more pressure because most of your body weight will be forward. I'm gonna be setting myself a challenge. Using only 25kg dumbells for every muscle group and if I need to increase tension at top throw some resistance bands in there. Will keep you posted on results in the coming weeks.

Via the FG App

My running has dried up a little, I still go out for at least 1 run a week but I need to push myself out of the door when I wake up around 7 or 8, otherwise I may not go out at all.  I'm still doing my daily push-ups, some days I don't do them in the morning due to forgetting or being lazy but I pretty much consistently get them done on a night. I've worked my way up to doing 40 a day so far, 20 in the morning and 20 at night.  I'm increasing this by 5 whenever I feel ready.  It's a big difference from when I started and would struggle to do 10 in one sitting.
Rather than increasing reps try different width of arm spacing or raise you feet to increase intensity. I use my couch and have my index fingers and thumbs touching to form a diamond to start them place hands as wide as possible for the next set.

Via the FG App

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy