Beginner artwork
Posted
23 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

f75b3fa4.jpg
DRAWABOX.COM

A free, exercise based approach to learning the fundamentals of drawing. We tackle drawing in a logical, analytical fashion inspired by concept artists and industrial designers, focusing on technical skills...

I wish there was something like this for watercolour painting! I've bought a super cheap palette, but haven't done anything except swatch so far.

My Cross Stitching Hobby
Posted

If I recall correctly it's 26 count. I've worked with 28 before on mini things just to break up the monotony of the Oz one. They're both crazy tiny. I hadn't heard of the thread parking thing before Reddit. I can see it definitely getting super confusing, which is why I believe I had a couple rules for myself in doing it. I started because the back is an insane mess, especially the top section. Like, people that post the back of their projects that look almost as pretty as the front. Mine is more like a craft store vomited threads everywhere. It's bad. lol

I'm looking forward to updates on your (dirty) Alliance and (awesome) Horde banner. 

My Cross Stitching Hobby
Posted

Started this beast in 2010, but haven't worked on it in three years. Our house now doesn't really have a great spot that's both comfortable and has the right lighting, so knitting and now spinning has taken over. Though I have been thinking about it more and more in recent weeks.

No automatic alt text available.

I'm a bit further along than the above picture, but it gives a better idea of the size of it. This is where I've actually left off. I think it's a little over half way done. 

Actual image:

My Cross Stitching Hobby
Posted

Oh hai fellow stitcher! Look at that. WoW healers and stitchers! I love your Lion King stitch. I have no idea if pattern didn't have it or whatnot, but I love it without back stitching. It looks so much softer and more gentle. 

Also, because of your adorable Squirtle needleminder may show you the Sprite Stitch forums as well as Lord Libian's Epic Pokemon cross stitches (though I have no doubt you have seen them elsewhere on the internets)

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons
Posted
On 7/20/2018 at 9:28 AM, phil bottle said:

I've just read the synopsis of the night and I'm a little astonished that they managed to introduce a T-Rex into the forgotten realms. Not sure about that.

Tomb of Annihilation is a campaign guide that came out last September. It takes place in Chult which is loaded with dinosaurs. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, but weird if you're not currently on that area of the world. Also, I love the candle bit and saying it was from a bard's song.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:03 PM, Sennex said:

kn2572zzi4b11.png

What's also great about this is the two on the left are actually good friends in real life and play D&D together.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sennex said:

The games I have run for her are far more political intrigue and investigative, than combat.

That would be so goooood. I think the main GM for our group would like to more of that sort of stuff but the other two members of our group are very stabby and one of them doesn't always pay attention to whats going on.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Turn after turn of shooting off fireballs etc gets boring real fast.

Agreed. It was a delight in the session I ran that took place in Candlekeep making our Fireball Queen use spells other than anything fire based. And no Misty Step either. There was lots of cursing. 

Posted
1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Wanna share the link mate? I've always been intrigued by what D&D brings but always worried my head would explode with all the rules.

If you're interested in D&D at all 5th edition is probably the best to look at if you're worried about being bogged down by rules. It was designed to be pretty streamlined and user friendly. I've started listening to a D&D podcast that started in 4th edition (they're now playing 5th) and after only one episode I can't imagine playing that version with my current group (we're pretty awful).

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy