Cable and Playstation Vue, SlingTV

Capn_Underpants

So I would like to stop paying Xfinity so much money every month and I'd like to just get rid of it.

My family does watch lot of TV though. I'd like a cheaper alternative. Suggestions?

What would I do about Internet if I were to get rid of cable? Just ask for Internet and from whom?

My mom still is old fashion and likes her land line phone too.

So I just don't know the right route for this. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have used both SlingTV and now PlayStation Vue. First thing's first; your internet.

You can get a single cable internet plan by itself without a bundle and the price depends on your area, providers and speed you want. I noticed you mentioned Xfinity which is owned by Comcast- if at all possible run away from them but if they have a monopoly on the area then that's what we go with. Chose a non contract/ non agreement plan; it will cost you 10.00 extra a month but worth it in case you want to bail. Download speeds up to 75 Mbps will run you about 60.00 with them.

SlingTV is absolutely wonderful and we've done their 20.00 package as well as their 40.00 ultimate package. SlingTV is an app that you play through your roku, apple tv, amazon fire stick etc.

https://www.sling.com/

PlayStation Vue has more channels for their packages and and include local stations. We right now use the core package which is about 80 channels for 35.00/mo. They recently got support for streaming devices so can be on Roku and everything EXCEPT apple tv.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD