Three of Coins:How it works

TigerBurge

From Weekly Update:

Xûr will also sell a new consumable, the Three of Coins, which gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams. These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.

This shows you should only be using ONE coin per Ultra you kill, if it doesn't get you anything you run it again use a coin and that will further increase your chance.

Based on the description from the weekly update, using more than one Three of Coin is a complete waste.

Confirmed by: /u/Parkwaydrive23

"I've been farming Scourge of Winter story boss. Get the checkpoint outside his chamber. Pop coin, snipe boss low, run in and rocket suicide to kill him. If he dropped loot, it'll still be there. Rinse and repeat. Within 15 coins, I've gotten 3 chest exotics."

Video of farming technique:/u/ToProvideContext

http://xboxclips.com/Dontcallmee/709bce04-c6c9-44ce-9144-f47d50744018

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let everyone know, apparently on Gothalion's stream for some reason the Psion Flayers are not counted as Ultras. Also, I have shit luck- five bosses, fives coins and no exotics. I'm due for one!

I said I wasn't going to do it,so of course I did it. I started out with one exotic in about 18 tries. Ended up with 7 exotics in 40 tries.

3 helmet,3 chest,1 gauntlet,1 primary and 1 special.

I don't like the cheese to farm this, but I think it's a cool idea overall. Thanks for the explanation. I bought 5 of these this morning.

Says the guy who spent hours in front of a cave shooting ;)

I landed 3 exotics yesterday for 20 of the coin things.

Invective

Hereafter

the impossible Machines (Also, the ones Xur was selling, so that sucked, I could have just bought them)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm still a little confused on the cumulative effect of these coins.  The O.P. states,

"These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.  This shows you should only be using ONE coin per Ultra you kill, if it doesn't get you anything you run it again use a coin and that will further increase your chance."

So, why not just use 2-3 of them right away to have a better chance? 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png