Mass Effect 3 Big Thread of Builds

Jason's build philosophy:

Build with the intention of playing Gold

Build around whatever feature makes a character unique

Use as many weapons as possible

Emphasize durability over damage output

Jason's Shorthand:

The numbers represent the number of ranks in the given power. The letters represent which evolutions are selected for ranks 4 through 6. 'A' is all top row and 'B' is all bottom row. The other letters have more to do with shape. 'V' means top choice, bottom choice, top choice. Connect the dots and it looks like the letter 'V'. Bottom choice, top choice, bottom choice is 'n'. For all the others you have to tilt your head 90 degrees to the right. 'L' is bottom choice, top choice, top choice. 'J' is top choice, bottom choice, bottom choice. 'F' is top choice, top choice, bottom choice. 'T' is bottom choice, bottom choice, top choice. The order is the same as the order top to bottom in the character powers screen.

Adept

Soldier

Engineer

Sentinel

Human - Jason's Build

Infiltrator

Vanguard

Human - Jason's Build

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you play the Batarian Sentinel? I still haven't found a build that feels right.

Here's what I used last:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#45!3B04525!!23X53384!4599G

Shotgun, either the Crusader, or if you are host or just want something different the Graal spike thrower.

Net something, head shot, repeat.  The shotguns are strong enough that I forego the head shot bonus in favor of the power damage bonus so that the AOE and damage over time of the submission net adds up more.

I'm always tempted to skip Shockwave and go with more Blade Armor, but it's handy for staggering and getting things out of your face, so I leave it.

I've tried melee builds and vastly preferred shotguns, especially once the Crusader gave you the option of carrying a shotgun that could be used at a distance (once they de-trashifyed it).

If I do the long write-ups, builds will never get posted, so ultra-short versions from here on out. Ask questions if you're curious and post builds of your own. I plan on turning the first post into an index with links to all the builds.

Human Vanguard

Shorthand: 6B 3 6V 5L 6B

Link: Human Vanguard

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Can you respec your build, or are you stuck once you commit?

EDIT: Also is there a way to look up your character online?

I can't remember what I put into my Soldier or Sentinel

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Vanilla Human Sentinel

Unique feature: Good durability combined with the ability to prime and detonate their own biotic explosions versus any target.

Powers:

Tech Armor 6 (Durability, Power Damage, Durability)

Choices here are pretty cut and dry. At rank 6, Power Recharge might be the more attractive option for heavier weapons.

Warp 6 (Detonate, Expose, Pierce)

My standard Warp spec. Detonate at rank 4 is a must while Expose and Pierce soften the target for your weapon damage. And unlike some other power users, weapon damage is an important component of the Human Sentinel’s offense.

Throw 6 (Radius, Detonate, Force & Damage)

Throw isn't going to stagger anything big whether or not you take Force at rank 4; I find it more useful to take Radius in order stagger a group of mooks. Detonate at rank 5 is a must. Power Recharge at rank 6 is useless since Throw already has an incredibly short cooldown.

Passives 0

Most of your power damage will come from Biotic Explosions, which don’t benefit from passive bonuses. Weapon damage passives are a legitimate option, but given the choice between a 65% bump to health and shields versus a 30% bump in weapon damage, I’ll take the health and shields please.

Fitness 6 (Durability, Shield Recharge, Fitness Expert)

Easy choices here. The Human Sentinel is not a melee character, so all skill points go towards durability. Having more health and shields will give a nominal boost to damage output since you'll be able to stay out of cover longer with your finger on the trigger. Spending more time on your feet as opposed to taking a nap also improves overall damage output.

Weapons:

Vindicator w/ Piercing Mod + Extended Barrel

As a Human Sentinel, you have the toughness to exchange fire with enemy troops; you need a real weapon, not a toy gun just to mount a Power Amplifier on. Any of the basic assault rifles that have decent damage and aren't too heavy will do the trick: Avenger, Vindicator, Phaeston, Mattock, Collector, Valkyrie. Since you don't really need any Armor Bonus equipment to do your thing well, it frees up that slot for a Stabilization mod, which is why I went with the Vindicator.

Acolyte (optional) w/ Magazine Upgrade + High-Caliber Barrel

Great for stripping shields, which is the only defense this character is weak against. I prefer not to switch weapons a lot though, so I usually leave my Acolyte at home.

Equipment:

Warp Ammo for the bonus damage to targets affected by Warp

Stabilization Mod to control Vindicator recoil.

Shield Booster because more shields is more better.

Strategy:

Activate Tech Armor

Warp > shoot > Throw (biotic boom) > shoot > repeat

Use Warp to prime targets and soften them up for weapon damage. If the target is still alive after Warp cools down, hit them with Throw to detonate a biotic explosion. Throw is also handy for staggering enemies who get a little too close for comfort or for sending a Husk ragdolling across the map.

Pro Tip: When enemies are clustered together, make sure you let the one you hit with Warp live long enough for you to detonate a biotic explosion. Shoot his buddies, the floor, a teammate, or just hide, whatever, it doesn't matter. The point is to take advantage of power combos whenever possible; let them do the work for you.

Shorthand: 6N 6T 6L 0 6B

Link: Human Sentinel

Turian Sentinel:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#43!1B04555!!23X51364!B03AGG

Debuff with warp, chew with a decent AR with inferno ammo, set off fire bursts (or teammate's tech bursts) with overload.

Turial Soldier:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#24!4506515!!23X51364!D3BAG

I keep concussive shot, but its also perfectly fine to skip it and get the 6th rank of proximity mine.  The important part is to get all the bonuses for stability and rate of fire.  He turns in weapon that relies on heavy recoil as a balancing factor into a buzz saw.  The Hornet is great with this build, as is the Eagle pistol.

Quarian Marksman combined with the Adas Anti-synthetic Rifle is cheat mode bad assery.

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#2A!1501545!!53251364!F9.AG

The important bits are weapons damage upgrade whenever possible, and DON'T take the duration bump for Marksman.  You need the magazine extension on the rifle, as well.

The Adas + QM is glitched.  The RoF doesn't change when you turn on Marksman until you left off the trigger and start shooting again, which sucks.  It also doesn't change the RoF when Marksman runs out until you left off the trigger, which is awesome.

So, hit Marksman and just hold the trigger down.  Marksman will wear off and start its cool down before the magazine is empty.  It will be ready for reset about the time you run dry.  Left off the trigger, hit Marksman again (which automatically refills your magazine as well) and you're right back to increased RoF without the need to reload.

The Adas applies ammo very well, staggers, does a bit of AoE, and really the only downside is the slow RoF, which this fixes.  Phantoms, hunters, etc. will stay stun locked.  It's a really nasty build.

Turian Havoc:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#29!1G01565!!63Z51364!95GA5S

He's all about the gun.  I've tried him without havoc strike, and then he's just a boring weaker version of the Turian Ghost.  I figured out he doesn't really need the last two ranks of fitness.  You are going to use his stim packs if you get hurt anyway, so shield delay decrease doesn't help much and you get more shields from the 4th level of stim pack than the 6th level of fitness.  With the weapons buff for havoc strike and the debuff of cryo blast, you can increase your weapon damage by a bit over 1/3.  The stability bonus helps with head shots and the bonus damage there.

Just be careful with the strike.  Most of my deaths are the result of charging into something without noticing the pyros near by or some other stupid charge.