So...active Radar missiles

Dr Diamond

- ecm doesnt work to counter them properly (i think ecm is just shit now anyway, it most certainly doesnt stop you from being locked on a second time)

- little to no warning of something coming until its too late

- no matter what the patch says, mobile AA stil can stay almost in their base firing 4 missiles off in quick succession

basically, you are a bad person for using them in anything other than air superiority. (which isnt even a real gamemode anyway its so stupid). sooner they are nerfed to hell or removed the better

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

its still so easy for some trolling little fuck to fly right at a chopper and get within 50m, fire both missles and then fly straight into you. they require such little skill to use

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

its still so easy for some trolling little fuck to fly right at a chopper and get within 50m, fire both missles and then fly straight into you. they require such little skill to use

766382.jpg

Tell you want, get in an MAA for a while, and then come back and let us know your thoughts, and when I mean for a while, I mean unlock them on the MAA platform.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

i will try but i seem to just get hit markers on infantry with the main cannon, so leveling it up has not been so easy.

after doing some reading around it seems ecm is bugged to hell as well, and flares are a better option for jets. i also think the sound bug ( no warning sound, only the flashing "lock" in the cockpit which isnt that obvious when you are distracted), is contributing to this

still, i stand by my opinion that a fire and forget missile (or 4) that can be launched from one side of the map to the other is nuts. even if the ARs have a smaller cone now, for an attack heli or jet to get close enough to an AA to take it out, puts it in range of 4 of them......and you might say, "well AAs are supposed to be able to take out aircraft"..........yes......but when you have some douche bag sat in his spawn or just outside it, on say, dragon pass....then you need a tank to get from one side of the map to the other...without being C4'd, rpged, slam mined, , or targeted by either the scout chopper or the attack heli...then get near the aa, who will then reverse back out of your line of sight into his home base...

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

i will try but i seem to just get hit markers on infantry with the main cannon, so leveling it up has not been so easy.

after doing some reading around it seems ecm is bugged to hell as well, and flares are a better option for jets. i also think the sound bug ( no warning sound, only the flashing "lock" in the cockpit which isnt that obvious when you are distracted), is contributing to this

still, i stand by my opinion that a fire and forget missile (or 4) that can be launched from one side of the map to the other is nuts. even if the ARs have a smaller cone now, for an attack heli or jet to get close enough to an AA to take it out, puts it in range of 4 of them......and you might say, "well AAs are supposed to be able to take out aircraft"..........yes......but when you have some douche bag sat in his spawn or just outside it, on say, dragon pass....then you need a tank to get from one side of the map to the other...without being C4'd, rpged, slam mined, , or targeted by either the scout chopper or the attack heli...then get near the aa, who will then reverse back out of your line of sight into his home base...

Its two per launch, with (I think) a 15 second reload time. The turret rotate/ elevate speed being what it is, if you can't get out of my LOS before I pan across you, then you need to practice more with evasive maneuvers (Unless you are on Dawnbreaker, in which, stay in the chopper, not the jet)

I really wish that the stats listed per accessory, as I honestly don't ever recall getting a kill with the Active radar, all my kills come from the 20 and 30mm main gun. I get Mobility hits with the Missiles but always have to finish them off with the main gun.

Also, just a small tip, the main gun is great clearing a rooftop of snipers.

Also, zuni's have the trajectory of a gotdamned rainbow, so be sure to lob them higher than your target, also, don't waste them on aircraft, zunis are far better at levelling buildings, and other land vehicles. Kamikaze helicopters can be downed with Zuni's but its rare.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."