Jupiter + 3 Moons

Sennex

My father in law bought this thing for my son, its about 6ft tall, and HUGE as shit. I literally just put it together yesterday.

This was our first time using it, and that was the first object we were able to see. I wish the pic had come out better, I will try a different lens tonight, if the clouds are willing to help me.

We are also trying for Andromeda as it should be visible right now to us.

The whole ting is surreal to me though. Jupiter is roughly 5 AU away from us right now, and we could actually see the largest cloud bands on the surface of it. Granted because of the distance it was Black and White, but you could see them plain as day. Venus will appear blue to us, so I can't wait for that.

but I dont really have a favorite right now, just way to new for this.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I took a few other pics tonight if you guys want to see them

this time with a 10mm lens. I think I need to get my eyes checked, the wife and Boy said they could see Orange and brown bands, all I see is black and white  :unsure:

I need to get more lens's though, this size lens is horrible for taking pictures, but great for the eye.

You can see the orbit path in these, the white "reflection" coming off the top, is actually the movement of it.

I snapped 8 pics really fast of it, and they steadily move along that path. These pics are shit, I am working on getting a proper camera for this stuff, but still super excited.

LgY31sX.jpg

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Wife waited till I was asleep, then she ordered about a mess of new lens's and filters, as well as an alignment laser

I don't even want to know how much its going to cost me.

That being said, if you guys like this shit, I will post more as I take pictures.

apparently, my wife also has a blog set up, she is posting pics and shit there: http://imagineandlearn.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/grammar-or-jupiter-hmm/

I might move over to a PPR if time allows today, would put this in a better section.