Texture Packs

What texture pack(s) are you guys currently using?  

The way I understand it you put them in order of priority, right?  The one on top will be the main texture pack, then the ones under it will only fill in what's missing (if anything) in the top one?

How do you select which one to use for music?  

Right now I have: 

Faerielight 128x128 - It's my favorite one right now.  I love it.

LB Photo Realism 256x256 - Used to be my fav.  Still cool.

DragonDance_2  128x128 -  I like it, but a little too cartoonish

Life 128x128 -  Havne't used it that much.  Not sure.  

Thoughts?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

John Smith Legacy

Ovo's Rustic

In that order

Also, other than Matmos, I have not seen anything that changes music in the game.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

LB Realism is fudging beautiful. Even on my POS laptop, the 64x64 was lovely.

I'm using Sphax though which is very cartoony but very nice. I'm sure you've tried Sphax before though from the first server?

I haven't seen the other ones you mentioned.

Yeah. LB is really cool.  I've never tried any of the lower ones though.  I might try a 64x64 and see how it looks.  Sphax is good too.  Yeah, I remember using it before.  

John Smith Legacy

Ovo's Rustic

In that order

Also, other than Matmos, I have not seen anything that changes music in the game.

Ovo's is awesome.  I remember you got me using that one a long time ago.  Might need to grab it.  I don't remember seeing John Smiths before... I'll have to look it up.  

I love the realistic medieval types.  What would be the best for that?

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

John Smith IMO for a medieval sort of pack

I haven't looked in a while though, there might be other good ones.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

No

One thing I have learned is with MC higher Res isn't always better. The vast majority of the 64x64 texture packs end up looking like crap.

There was one way back in the day that used textures from skyrim, it was horrible in MC, the whole thing ended up grainy and bad.

Yea, and Spax, and a bunch of others, I even toyed with making a few custom ones at one point.

Wow man, that's awesome.  Do you have good ones we could try out?  

Not really

I ended up just combining various ones with supported mods into Ovo's Rustic, that way I could play with 32x32 in FTB but still use Ovo's Rustic

It didnt' look "bad" per se, but it didn't look good.

None of it was original work, I just mixed and matched from work already done

That's cool man.  I'm sure it would be cool to be able to mix and match like that.  I'd enjoy it, but it seems like it would be a TON of work, lol.  

I'm digging that John Smith Legacy.  It's really growing on me.  

R3D Craft 512x512 normally :D

Can you take some screenshots with this?

I looked it up, and the pics in it didnt' look good to me, but I think thats because the pics themselves sucked, not the texture pack

Sure! Its only updated to 1.6.2 though

Thats fine, I only play 1.62 or 1.6.4 as it is