Installing mods on 1.7

Just Cal

So now that mods are handled in just the mods folder, how do they work?

I've got some updated mods that I want to install but just placing the rar file into the mods folder doesn't work. Is there something else I need to be doing? Any help is greatly welcomed.

8mSoOel.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that mods are handled in just the mods folder, how do they work?

I've got some updated mods that I want to install but just placing the rar file into the mods folder doesn't work. Is there something else I need to be doing? Any help is greatly welcomed.

Spawn more Overlords

Seriously though, you need to give more information.

Name of Mod would help

also, do NOT trust the majority of sites out there when they say that a mod is updated

In Fact, I would go so far as to say ONLY trust this site: www.minecraftforum.net/ or a site that is linked to from a mod page on that forum.

Literally every other site is crap that trolls for page clicks to feed their advertising stream

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Well I only downloaded the updated Rei's minimap from that exact forum. At least I think it's that forum. Is it the one with the side view of a mine?

I don't have any more details man. You told me that the bin file is gone now and mods should work if I just place the zipped file into the "mods" folder. I could have misinterpreted though so apologies if that's the case.

I'll get more in depth when I get home and can look at my files. I could have fucked up from back when I was trying to install forge and stuffs. I might try just starting fresh and see what happens.

Sorry for the shit info, I appreciate you trying to help and also understand how hard it is to help someone without knowing details.

8mSoOel.png

Last I checked was about a week ago and Rei's wasn't updated yet

I will check again tonight and post up what to do if it is updated.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Several things here Cal,

Rei's still requires Forge, which isn't updated to 1.7.2

so Rei's itself isn't updated to 1.7.2 yet

Sorry man