Go-to recipies

McNasty

What the hell, why not create a thread where we can share some of our go-to meals/recipes.  Maybe you have a specific thing you make for tailgating, for family dinners, for when you're shitfaced, whatever.

The only caveat is that it has to be relatively normal stuff that most people could make.  Nobody cares if you can make some dish that requires a full on farmers market in your refrigerator to accomplish.  

I'll start with what we make pretty much every Monday night.  Taco dip.  My taco dip is the shit and it's easy to make.

Ingredients:

1.  Cream cheese (probably 1/3 to 1/2 of the package)

2.  1 lb of beef

3.  El Paso HOT AND SPICY taco mix (do not puss out on me it's not that hot, and it's a completely different      flavor than mild or "regular".  This is probably the most important part of the dish)

4.  Organic black beans from a can (do not use refried beans until you've tried it with black beans first)

5.  Sour cream (Not light sour cream)

6.  Kraft mexican cheese blend (with philadelphia cream cheese)

Real simple.

You need a baking dish thats not very big.  Maybe a 6x6 or 8x8 inch dish thats 2-3 inches deep.  You want to fit everything into the dish so that it's layered and about 2-3 inches thick after cooking.  If the dish is too big, you would need to double or triple the meat because this doesn't work if it's spread thin.

1.  layer the bottom of the baking dish with a lot of cream cheese.  Don't go nuts, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 inch thickness and make sure the bottom is evenly covered.  

2.  Brown the meat with the hot and spicy taco mix.  Once complete, throw it in the baking dish.

3.  Add about half a can of organic black beans on top.  Just enough to make a layer on top of the seasoned meat.

4.  throw a bunch of sour cream on top of that, enough to make a layer.

5.  Same deal with the kraft mexican cheese, don't go overboard just enough for a layer

6.  Throw it in the oven to bake for 5-10 minutes, mainly to melt the cheese on top.

7.  Eat the shit out of it with Tostitos organic black corn tortilla chips.  Don't use regular Tostitos scoops or whatever until you've tried it with black corn chips.  The reason is that these chips are lighter in flavor, so more of what you're eating tastes like the taco dip versus chip.

Thats all really.  I buy cilantro and eat it with that but up to you.  The 3 caveats for a first pass at this dish are to use hot and spicy taco mix, organic black beans, and the Tostitos organic black corn tortilla chips.

The hot and spicy mix when combined and baked with the layer of cream cheese at the bottom is what really makes this different from all other taco dips.  It's like crack.

Fuck you Martha Stewart.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter is soup season for us, love to make mass amounts and reheat throughout the week. My new favorite soup over the last few years was due to marrying into a Minnesota family and I've almost gotten my wife's family to say it's better than their moms.

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Ingredients:
½ cup butter
1 onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced
¾ cup all-purpose flour
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups wild rice, cooked
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & cubed
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup slivered almonds
3 tablespoons dry cooking sherry
2 cups half & half

Directions:

• Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, celery and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the flour and stir well. Gradually pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly, until all has been added. Bring just to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer.
  • Next, add the rice, chicken, salt, curry power, mustard powder, parsley, ground black pepper, almonds and sherry. Allow to heat through, then pour in the half & half. Let simmer for 1 to 2 hours. Make sure not to boil or your roux will break.

Wild rice reminder: (I have to have this written down or I forget every time, i just can't ever remember it)
Use a 4:1 ratio of water to wild rice. Add the rice and the water together and bring to a boil over high heat. When the water begins to boil, lower the heat and let simmer. Keep the pot covered. Cook for 45 minutes. The rice will become tender and burst open.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

This is always a tailgate hit

1lb hot sasuage(must be hot,it changes the taste)

16oz cream cheese

2 cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls.

Brown sasuage

Cube and mix in cream cheese. Fold in with sasuage until completely mixed together.

Fill crescent roll with mixture. Flow and wrap up. Bake crescent rolls as directed.

We also offer the same thing with taco seasoning and ground beef but the sasuage one is better.

You're welcome. One of the best tailgate foods you will eat

maxresdefault_zpsuuzishnb.jpg