4 Position to 2x 3 Position 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter F/M

BO7H B4RRELS

So, I need to pick up a "4 Position to 2x 3 Position 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter F/M" like this.  I've got a Earforce Z11 headset that I'd like to use with my PC.  That is what I need, right?  As long as it's a 4 position to a 2x 3 position, it should work, right?  Anyone know where to get one cheaper than $10?  And, are these something that you get what you pay for sort of things?  I want one that will last.  

And... while I'm at it... I've got another quick question.  I've got a mic port on the front of my PC 

4zz3ms.jpg

The headphone and both usb ports work fine, but the mic port doesn't work.  Is there any way to fix it, or do I just need to replace that whole thing?

Thanks! 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of those words, but put in that order, they don't make sense......

Anyway....

Bad mic Port?

Have you verified the wiring? if I remember correctly the wiring can be derpy as hell for those and come loose occasionally. I stopped messing around with mic ports a few years ago and bought a Logitech bluetooth headset. It was like 40$ at Best Buy, so probably about 20$ anywhere else.

Here is a decent thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2107289/front-panel-audio-working-headphone-microphone.html

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Here's one at monoprice.com for $0.85. They have different lengths depending on how much you'd like to spend.

On the jack not working: +1 on the connection to the mobo not being seated correctly or plugged in at all. If you follow the wires out of it you should be able to tell, but fist I'd try accessing the sound card software and make sure the computer is recognizing the headphones when you plug them in. If the comp isn't recognizing them tell it to! Good luck...

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Actually, yea, piggie backing off of Det's post got me qondering why not just plug into the back of hte PC, use the line in for the soundcard/ mobo?

A cable extender is like 3-4$ at amazon.

I have one of these at my work desk and it is perfect for what it does

http://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-13787-shielded-Extension/dp/B00007FGU7/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1435587185&sr=8-3&keywords=headphone+extension+cable

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

glad to see your power is back on

oh hey!

what PS4 headphones do you have? a lot of them are compatible on the PC

Earforce Z11, that's why I need the splitter, they only have one combined mic/audio jack.  

I've also got a set of Earforce X11's.  But, same issue... can't get the mic to work.  Not sure what's going on.  

My audio in general is all ghetto rigged.  Doesn't seem right.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png