Big trip next weekend

Drifter

Looking forward to next weekend already. Myself and two fishing buddies are packing up and headed to Erie Pennsylvania next Friday morning super early. Going to be spending Friday through Sunday fly fishing for Steelhead. Reports are all very good that the fishing is excellent right now. Also calling for some snow all three days we are there so it'll be cold but enjoyable, I always like fishing in the snow for winter steelhead.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep 38 and 39 with a chance of snow looks to be the forecast for the two days we are there. That's steelheading for ya though :ph34r:

Thats not that bad. It would be cool if it snowed and scared others away unless you have a nice spot. My buddy wanted to take me out a long time ago for Steelhead. He went on how awesome it was then went on to explain that you stand on the bank shoulder to shoulder with a hundred other salty fisherpeople and try not to tangle up their lines. I could foul hook a pool pall and loose a lure on the back swing of a cast so naturally I passed. :D They are tasty though!

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Thats not that bad. It would be cool if it snowed and scared others away unless you have a nice spot. My buddy wanted to take me out a long time ago for Steelhead. He went on how awesome it was then went on to explain that you stand on the bank shoulder to shoulder with a hundred other salty fisherpeople and try not to tangle up their lines. I could foul hook a pool pall and loose a lure on the back swing of a cast so naturally I passed. :D They are tasty though!

No need to stand in the crowd. There's always less crowded water you just need to seek it out. Usually the areas that are crowded are the guys that are too lazy to hike a bit, or just your "fish once or twice a year" type guys so they see everyone in the most well known/popular spots and jump in the circus. Usually a short walk away from the crowds will get you into less pressured waters and still good fishing.

No need to stand in the crowd. There's always less crowded water you just need to seek it out. Usually the areas that are crowded are the guys that are too lazy to hike a bit, or just your "fish once or twice a year" type guys so they see everyone in the most well known/popular spots and jump in the circus. Usually a short walk away from the crowds will get you into less pressured waters and still good fishing.

Same thing happens when trout opens up here, wall to wall assholes. A mile down stream and your by yourself. Lol

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE