Warframe: Controller Setup

L_C_Scipio

So I found the default controls to be a little clunky so I changed a few things. I was curious if you guys have as well.

My setup:

Circle: Melee (I'm used to this from always using Tactical in CoD)

D pad Up: Context action (hack, capture, etc)

R1: Crouch

D pad Right: Cycle powers

L1: Use selected power. I did this because some abilities (like Oberon's Smite) have to be aimed at an enemy before you can use them and I find it difficult to swipe the touchpad while aiming at someone. I use the touchpad for any powers that don't need to be aimed.

Hmm, I don't think I changed anything, I could be wrong it's just instinct now...

Powers: touch pad

Melee: R1

Hack: O

I like your idea of a button for aimed powers, I too struggle with aimed powers like smite and soul punch but right now I just aim in general direction and spam my finger across the pad hoping it catches at some point...

blackops2sig.jpg

Isn`t it a bit awkward to use the circle and R3 at the same time? (melee and aim)

I use R2 as melee and like that alot :)

Left stick aims. Right controls camera angles

Omg, rank 8 test is just silly... I'm going to have to change my whole button layout for it...

My jump/ wall run button is x and I can't hold x and aim at the same time. I did change it to l1 right before the test but I just kept forgetting and falling down gaps... What's everyone else's jump button?

blackops2sig.jpg

Yes, wall run whilst shooting orbs, it's ridiculous I'm going to have to get used to a whole new setup, OR I will get someone to come and sit next to me and aim whilst I do the running around...

blackops2sig.jpg

Yes, wall run whilst shooting orbs, it's ridiculous I'm going to have to get used to a whole new setup, OR I will get someone to come and sit next to me and aim whilst I do the running around...

Check on the wiki or YouTube, I saw someone say there was a glitch. Something about climbing the pilers and it still counts. Not sure

Check on the wiki or YouTube, I saw someone say there was a glitch. Something about climbing the pilers and it still counts. Not sure

A guy at work did something similar to this and completed the test.