Some help?

Corey the Kiwi

I currently have a Dell laptop and as some of you may know for some laptops they split the hard-drive. The one they use to run off (C:) is ~60GB with another hard-drive (D:) sitting with about ~387GB.

Now to my problem. I have filled up just about all of my space on the main hard-drive and I have to constantly shift stuff to the other hard-drive to maintain space. However, it seems no matter how much I move the C: drive gets filled up again considerably fast. 

I have searched online but I can't find any direct fixes, I was wondering if there was any way I could easily fix this? Or would I have to do a massive switch of all my programs from the C: hard-drive to the D: which I have done for some such as LoL and Steam/Dota 2.

Here is a picture of what it looks like. 

PROBLEMS.png

Kia Ora. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way I've done it is to re-install Windows. There is a HD utility that will allow you to delete/merge partitions and format your HD into one large partition. This way your going to loose everything on the drive. I see there are utilities that will allow you to merge partitions without loosing data but I've never used them...

Also I think Dell puts your laptops drivers in the C:\Dell folder. I'd back them up and anything you don't want to loose before attempting anything in case you F the HD trying to merge the partitions.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg