Magic the Gathering 2015

Sennex

DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has almost none of the features from Magic 2014 and earlier editions. Instead of being able to change a deck mid campaign you are "locked" into the deck you selected after the tutorial. The only way to change a deck is to build a new one through campaign, but you have to win to do that, so if you do what I did which is Blue/Red (Water/Fire), it will be extremely frustrating.

No 2 Headed Giant

Slower Gameplay

No Custom Duels

Slow Menus

Slow Interface

The Steam reviews are also spot on and can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/255420/reviews/

---------------------

From someone else I know:

---------------------

I knew about the microtransactions ahead of time, but I looked at it and said "$40 for a MtG game with fully featured card collection and deck-building? Seems worth it to me!"

Wow, was that a mistake. I've played all the past DotP games, and their UIs were always subpar, but this game takes it to a while new level of shittiness. Everytime you hit a button on a menu, you have to wait like 5 seconds while it plays an agonizingly slow transition graphic. And the menu is so confusing, you have to hit like 3-5 buttons to go somewhere (say, the deck editor), and then if you want to leave you have to go BACK several times to reach the main menu, and then click several times more to go where you now want to go and OH MY GOD IT'S SO SLOW JUST KILL ME NOW. Seriously, who the hell thought this was a good idea?

On top of that, there's tons of small things that they managed to totally break. For instance, by default, you just click a card to play it and the game automatically selects which lands to tap to play that card. Generally speaking, in past games this worked just fine for 2-color decks as the game chose which to tap rather intelligently, but they added an option that let you manually choose just to be safe.

In Magic 2015, it's like they intentionally changed the automatic tapping to troll everyone who purchases the game. If you have, say, 2 black and 2 red mana, and have two cards in your hand that both cost 1 red and one colorless, and you just click one to play the card, it will TAP BOTH YOUR RED MANA. So now you can't play the other card.

And it does this CONSTANTLY, so now every time you want to play a card you have to hover over it for several seconds until it lights up which lands it intends to tap, then hit the toggle lands button until a combination of lands that isn't totally fucking dumb lights up, and THEN play the card. Every. Single. Time.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

If you like the game go here instead. I have not played in a while but the cards you got along the way you get to keep and you get to play real players (if that is what you want). It use to be "free" to play and you pay for cards/decks. You also pay to play tournaments

https://accounts.onlinegaming.wizards.com/

I was playing MtG when I was in high school. I still have about 5k cards sitting around.

I need to find a local group to play with, and then time to go play

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

That's why the online game is good. Always player to play. Also if you build and entire online set, you can exchange it for a paper set. 

People have a hard time with the pricing because the online cards cost the same as paper. There are a number of online stores that allow you to purchase the cards and it's cheaper. Depending on which format you want to play it can be expensive because you have to constantly update your cards.

I use to play a rat based deck and a burn deck that was pretty cheap to build. I am sure you can build something similar.