Thinking of buying Bocw

techno

I had no intention of getting the game until the day before release and that was only by virtue of having nothing else worth playing until Cyberpunk arrived. Wasn't feeling Beyond Light or the grind of Odyssey. I'm actually quite glad I did get Cold War and will definitely get my money's worth. It's the best COD game I've played of this gen although that's not saying much but it can be fun despite the lack of map content. Christmas will be key though because if season one sucks and people flock to Warzone, the game will likely start fading just like MW2019. 

I quite like it.

Its a game where I can get on play about 3-4 matches. Call it a day.  

There's a number of new modes to make it interesting. Dirty bomb is a bit like a cross between warzone BR and bloodmoney. 

The skill base matching does not bother me as I was never that skilled anyways so it doesn't hurt my feelings when the system creates a lobby of people with better or equal skills rather than hunting for a lobby full of random newbies

I also had no intention of buying this one, despite buying two of the last three. 
I don't particularly enjoy playing these games alone. 

But I've been enjoying this one. It feels really good, and there's plenty of gun viability. 
I've only been playing Domination, both Core and Hardcore and I feel both are in good places. Maybe will step into SnD, but playing this one not in a party kind of sucks. 
Most of the maps are solid, despite there being less than ten. I only really dislike maybe one or two and not by much. 

And zombies. Oh man. I've been playing zombies since the first Treyarch game and while it is a bit different it's still so good. 
The fact that you can earn level xp, weapon xp, and zombie camos while playing means I can play multiplayer until I get a bit frustrated then head into a round of zombies, then back to mp without feeling like I'm losing progress. I'm so glad they did it that way. 

21 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It's the best COD game I've played of this gen ?

On PS4? 

I was in two minds but as I hadn't bought a cod since ww2 but that only lasted 3 months (bo4 was bought for me) I thought I would.

However I thought black ops 4 was considerably more fun.

I may have figured out a better way to play, Max stealth and play like a bitch 😁 or like your actually running drills in the special forces 👍

1 hour ago, techno said:

On PS4? 

I was in two minds but as I hadn't bought a cod since ww2 but that only lasted 3 months (bo4 was bought for me) I thought I would.

However I thought black ops 4 was considerably more fun.

I may have figured out a better way to play, Max stealth and play like a bitch 😁 or like your actually running drills in the special forces 👍

Yeah I prefer this to any of the other Call of Duty titles released since 2013. Ironically if Treyarch had a full 3 years making Cold War, they probably would've fucked it up somehow - they seem to do their best work under immense pressure. Ironically, if they did have a full cycle with this one, they probably would've tried too hard, chased external trends during development and then pulled a load stuff.

I'd say it's about as close as we'll get to the old COD's because it keeps things simple and fairly enjoyable. All eyes will be on the new content because it badly needs it but it is a promising foundation.

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Yeah I prefer this to any of the other Call of Duty titles released since 2013. Ironically if Treyarch had a full 3 years making Cold War, they probably would've fucked it up somehow - they seem to do their best work under immense pressure. Ironically, if they did have a full cycle with this one, they probably would've tried too hard, chased external trends during development and then pulled a load stuff.

I'd say it's about as close as we'll get to the old COD's because it keeps things simple and fairly enjoyable. All eyes will be on the new content because it badly needs it but it is a promising foundation.

I actually prefer black ops 3 and from the place I played it from black ops 4 but I can see what your saying and get it.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:24 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

It's the best COD game I've played of this gen 

BO3 is the best COD game this gen. It's all been downhill since then.

As for this game..... I've barely played it. Not because it's bad but because I just can't be bothered. I think I'll wait til season on drops before playing it properly. Plus I've got a Terraria addiction again and can't stop playing that.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

I was just thinking last night in the bath "I wonder when the new cod is out", shows how much interest I have.

I might get it when it's on sale or something, I'll need to convince @techno to buy it too though. 

Why, I have it👍

It would be nice to occasionally get some English speakers in the lobby oh and the sbmm is a work of genius never have I had so many 65-64 games 😂

On 11/25/2020 at 11:29 PM, Horrible_Hector said:

I've only been playing Domination, both Core and Hardcore and I feel both are in good places. Maybe will step into SnD, but playing this one not in a party kind of sucks.

I've missed CoD SnD. We used to play so much back in BO3 days. I'd love to try it in a group again at some point actually to see if its improved the experience as MW is likely far too slow for SnD for people here.

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've missed CoD SnD. We used to play so much back in BO3 days. I'd love to try it in a group again at some point actually to see if its improved the experience as MW is likely far too slow for SnD for people here.

I hated S&D in MW because of the super loud footsteps. It absolutely killed that mode for me. I distinctly remember playing S&D with the FG lot on MW, I was the last player alive and despite crouch walking I was heard from quite a distance away through walls and the player on the other team was just tracking my exact location and killed me as soon as I entered the room with the bomb 😱 At least with Ninja in this game you have a chance to be stealthy.

fart.gif

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Would love to play SnD with you old fuckers. Set up some night, Lee. You know you have to do everything. 

4 hours ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

It's not bad at all, certainly an upgrade from the last one (MW) for me. Faster pace, more interesting guns, cool perks back. The only downside is the lack of maps but at least there is less to learn and remember at the start.

I find it that way as well, I mean we will get more content as time goes on. But the fundamental core gameplay is there. The gun fights are more engaging, is rewarding when you manage to outmanuvere multiple enemies in quick succession. The game is very competitive tho, but it isn't always a bad thing. Feels like your aim has to be spot on as well or you will get punished. Gone are the days of mass claymores/windows/doors the "725" M4. Also I'm not missing Picadilly or Azhir Cave tbh. 

First year since MW2 i haven't got the game on the day or early but that's mainly i can warrant getting it and letting my son have it at the same time plus my wife can't think what to get me for christmas but i was actually looking forward to this one.  

slamminbones.png