FG Plays FTB Academy

Greboth

Afternoon all,

Speaking with a few people who are whitelisted on the sever but new to modded Minecraft, I have updated the server to run FTB Academy.

From the mod page; https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/ftb-academy

The biggest problem people have when they first start playing modded Minecraft is that there's no clear choice for which modpack to play. Learning the mods requires scouring online wikis and guides, and watching videos.

FTB Academy aims to fix that problem. It is designed especially for people that have never played with mods. The modpack has over 300 quests to walk you through each step of the progression of the most common mods, and nearly 100 pages of Guides to give a more in-depth explanation for what needs it, so you don't have to go searching through wikis.

Players will spawn in a school structure, where they will follow quests and in-world images to learn modded concepts like automation, technology, and magic. Once this tutorial area has been completed (only takes 5-10 minutes), you will be teleported to the Overworld to begin playing properly.

I've had a quick look through in single player and the in game guide looks pretty comprehensive so should be good for teaching people the basics.  For anyone more experience, with the exception of the guide and quest book, the game isn't changed so can be played as a regular mod pack.

Server Details:

Address: FGBeyond.minecraft-crafting.pro
IP: 62.210.66.45:25414

Setting up modded MC

I think that covers everything but any questions on setting up the modpack or anything in game feel free to ask.

@Plumbers Crack @BO7H B4RRELS @datfroggieguy @craftofboredom @Spacedeck @Misneach_   - Tagged everyone whitelisted

@Emma - I whitelisted you the other day but it doesn't like your username so guessing it's wrong somehow.  If you want to join let me know and I'll whitelist your correct username.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png