Stasis Subclass Info & Thoughts

GazzaGarratt

So the new subclass was released a few days ago so I'm sure a few of us now have got our hands on it for a bit so I thought I'd ask what people thought.

Also, this weeks TWAB is a lighter one however it has new Stasis info on it that we're not aware of if you haven't unlocked the extra elements to it. Heres the detail:

STASIS SLOW 

Against Combatants: 
  • Slow will shut off combatants’ movement abilities and slow their movement. 

Against Players: 

• Slow will reduce movement speed. 
  • Reduce ability regeneration rates. 
  • Suppress movement abilities (jump, dodge, etc). 
  • Reduce the following weapon stats: 
      • ADS speed 
      • ADS move speed 
      • Weapon reload speed 
      • Weapon handling 
      • Weapon kick direction 
  • Reduces weapon accuracy.

STASIS FREEZE 

All targets: 

• Freeze can be shattered by damage. Shattering a freeze causes it to do AOE damage to the frozen target and all other nearby targets, including other frozen targets. 
  • Freeze lasts for some duration before crumbling off. 
  • Unlike shattering, a freeze that crumbles does not do any damage to the frozen enemy or nearby enemies. 
Against Combatants: 

• Freeze will lock all non-boss combatants in place for the duration of the effect. 
  • Bosses will automatically shatter out after some duration. 

Against Players: 

• Freeze will lock players into place when applied for the duration of the effect. 
  • While frozen, players will have their class ability replaced with a new Breakout ability that allows players to exit their freeze early at the trade-off of health. The damage this breakout does can be reduced by the Resilience stat. The more Resilience the less damage you take. 
  • Players can activate their Supers to immediately breakout in Super state. 

Against Players in Roaming Supers: 
  • Locks players in place until broken out. 
  • Players will quickly shatter out and take a small amount of damage. 

Against One-off Supers: 
  • Suppresses Super and locks players in place until broken out or expires. 
  • All player freeze rules apply here. 

Stasis is a new damage type and we're excited to see how Guardians harness this new power. As always, we are monitoring community feedback and checking analytics data to consider for future tuning of the sandbox. 

While we are on the topic of Stasis, we have some new wallpapers for you!

16-9.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=3290245652

1-1_Titan.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=329024565

1-1_Warlock.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=3290245

1-1_Hunter.jpg?cv=3983621215&av=32902456

Now 2 clear thoughts from me.

Is is fun? Oh god yes, so much fun. I thought they were also pushing the 'sound' updates abit too much but they're incredible. Best sounds any super has. The freezing of certain enemies looks cool and how the grenades sometimes latch onto wall making new ledges is such a neat idea.

Is it any good damage wise? So for me being a Titan, I'm so underwhelmed by it. I think this is more where Titans have got shafted as Warlocks and Hunters seem to have easier ways to use their super, grenade and punch ability.

As a Titan I proc the super and I'm all over the shop. Its like the Fist of Havoc Arc super mixed with ice, but the R1 ability in super mode goes all over the place and cos there's so much ice you can't see whats going on.

Its a great idea for a subclass, just not sure how much I'll properly use it in endgame activities. I need to unlock more of it as I imagine there's more to it but I can already see now why a FOV slider would now help the game cos the screen is full of ice every super!

How's any other subclasses?

Well having not unlocked it yet my initial thoughts are bungie had a meeting

Dev1 :  how can we make crucible more aids 

Dev2 : I have this idea for a subclass that freezes you to the spot so it's easier for invisible hunters to shotgun you before you can break free.

Dec 1 : yep that will do, I'm sold

🤦 

48 minutes ago, techno said:

Well having not unlocked it yet my initial thoughts are bungie had a meeting

Dev1 :  how can we make crucible more aids 

Dev2 : I have this idea for a subclass that freezes you to the spot so it's easier for invisible hunters to shotgun you before you can break free.

Dec 1 : yep that will do, I'm sold

🤦

🤣🤣 I disagree that Crucible is pants pre-stasis changes as arguably its been in the best place its ever been imo. So many guns can work which is what you want. Its boring as hell when one gun is winning every single fight.

Problem i'm seeing is either the freeze time in PvP is potentially too long (I guess its up to 3 seconds to break out) and/or the fact that you pretty much lose 90% of health when you do break out. That feels like a double whammy to me. Although

david koechner anchorman GIF

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

🤣🤣 I disagree that Crucible is pants pre-stasis changes as arguably its been in the best place its ever been imo. So many guns can work which is what you want. Its boring as hell when one gun is winning every single fight.

Problem i'm seeing is either the freeze time in PvP is potentially too long (I guess its up to 3 seconds to break out) and/or the fact that you pretty much lose 90% of health when you do break out. That feels like a double whammy to me. Although

david koechner anchorman GIF

Who knew you'd disagree 😂 but it's been pretty pants for a while, however that's why it kind of works as it's not something to take seriously.....unless your one of these sweats with the right mods armour and a hunter class 👍

Twitter has plenty of hate for stasis.😂

🤣🤣@techno  in fairness, I agree with what they're saying, just not that Crucible is pants issall 😁 I judge a PvP games based on how many different guns work well. If one gun trumps everything then it becomes boring very quickly. The supers though make PvP completely outrageous so you can't ever take it seriously.

16 hours ago, techno said:

Twitter has plenty of hate for stasis.😂

the sweats do thats for sure🤣