Only 8 Maps at Launch!?

J4MES OX4D

Played a handful of matches so far including three of the 4 new maps. Checkmate seems a pretty decent map - it's indoors in a large hangar with a plane in the middle and it's got a really neat layout. Garrison is actually quite similar in terms of size and the layout except the spawn areas are outside. Bit early to judge this one but it seems perfectly acceptable. Crossroads Strike this the other one and this is basically a scaled down version of the ground war map which I absolutely loathed. This one however is really good and I think it will prove popular. Apparently the one I haven't played a shrunken version of Armada but if it's as good as Crossroads then it'll be highly welcome. Haven't even had this one show in the rotation yet. No Miami so far which is a plus though!

This is definitely a good game but it's success over the next few weeks will be dependent on the content. Gameplay is definitely a lot of fun and it's nice to have a more casual experience than what we got with MW which was door/claymore heavy. I'll probably start the campaign in the next couple of days also. 

Finally had Armada Strike come around on the rotation and it's basically the Ground War map using the central ship only. No boats. It's pretty decent - a symmetrical sort of map with decent visibility. Some of the upper areas reached by ladders can provide a big advantage though.  

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

I'll be playing some MP after work tonight. Might even try FFA just so I don't have to put up with absolute potatoes as team mates. 

I had a match earlier of KC on Satellite and I hoovered up 33 tags and 25 eliminations and my team finished with 37 tags in total! Second best player had 19 eliminations and 2 tags.  I literally only have TDM and KC selected in my quick match filter and I'm honestly considering reducing that to TDM because of idiotic team mates.

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I had a match earlier of KC on Satellite and I hoovered up 33 tags and 25 eliminations and my team finished with 37 tags in total! Second best player had 19 eliminations and 2 tags.  I literally only have TDM and KC selected in my quick match filter and I'm honestly considering reducing that to TDM because of idiotic team mates.

What platform are you playing it on? I tend to play KC.

fart.gif

I've only got KC selected, couldn't care less about idiot teammates I'll hoover tags up all day and hope to find lobbies where people move, I hate tdm in any game.

I was surprised to start at level 4 

Played a couple of new maps and they aren't too bad, think only one left is crossroads.

Oh and unlike blops 4 you can shoot down care package helicopter or even 2 at once😁 

Hope they were raging 😁

5 hours ago, MrBiron said:

What platform are you playing it on? I tend to play KC.

I'm on PC but playing with cross-platform. Only playing KC and TDM right now - played the objective modes in the beta which was a nice mix but I don't fancy sweating many objective modes in the full game. I'm happy with brainless deathmatch modes and to be honest, even KC can be stressful and too hard to fathom for some team mates. 

I've played on all the maps a few times now and whilst none will probably go down in COD folklore, they are all pretty decent fun minus Miami but even that's not as bad as Piccadilly. I don't think there is any that are truly awful and unplayable. Even the ones that don't look that great actually play pretty well I've found. Tough to put them in order but here's mine ranked so far:-

1. Satellite - Surprisingly a really good map which some interesting choke points and open areas that is fair for both sides. 

2. Checkmate - A rare indoors map which is nicely sized and has a really good layout. So much action and plenty of ways to play this. 

3. Garrison - A tank hanger which has quite a few flanking routes and a really chaotic central area. Great design.

4. Crossroads Strike - Scaled down from the awful ground war map but so much better. It's a small but incredibly frantic map.

5. Armada Strike - Another scaled down map comprising of the main ship in the ground war map. Nicely balanced although the upper levels can be very advantageous.

6. Moscow - Pretty dreary to look at but some good sight-lines. Lots of action despite its fairly large size. Plays better than it looks.

7. Cartel - Decent enough map despite the no-clip grass. Despite being low down in my rankings, I still think it's a decent enough map. 

9. Miami - Visually pretty but way too big for most modes and poor visibility in a lot of places. Does not play well in many modes and is largely dependent on the team. 

My experience so far, all I've been playing is Dom/KC solo.

Let me tell you, satellite is no fun (Dom) when your deeply pushed back to A.

Sometimes the halftime is a blessing, a saved by the bell moment. 

The garrison map is nearly identical to the tank factory map on MW. Not just because of the tanks, but the bridge in the middle and the layout is similar. 

Got hammered on crossroads strike one time, 2 guys headglitching barrels with M16 and the rest pushing your spawn with MP5.

Armada strike plays very well.

Not a huge fan of cartel and Miami is definitely the worst of all the maps. But having said, all maps are playable and not like MW's bad ones.

What guns have you guys been using? Perks? Any interesting setups or anything?

4 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

What guns have you guys been using? Perks? Any interesting setups or anything?

I started with the XM4 then moved onto the Krig 6 and am now trying out the QBZ-83 - all very poweful and enjoyable primaries. I've been using the Hauer 77 shotgun as a secondary which is now my highest leveled weapon - it's brutal and great fun to use. Not quite as filthy as the 725 from MW but it's fair. I use the danger close wildcard for two stuns and semtex. Perks seem slow to unlock so I've largely been rolling Flak Jacket, Gear Head and Gung-Ho although I can't wait to unlock Ninja. 

I think the Krig 6 is probably my go-to weapon though but despite the lack of weapons, the class system is pretty good. 

So far I'm level 16, so just used xm, AK-47, obligatory mp5.

Favourite map is crossroads, I back out of Miami rest are ok, depends how opposing team play if they're all head glitching, corner camping assholes then it will be shit regardless.

I think ranking needs to be quicker and they need to increase number of tags to win KC. It's almost impossible to reach moderate streaks and if you do say get your attack chopper chances are with this system you can't call it in as there's one up already.

Launched is my most used weapon lol... Unlocking ghost will help me change up secondaries.

I need ninja.

Yeah I started off with the XM4 and kinda abandoned it for better guns.

I recently started trying the Krig which feels excellent. I feel confident engaging enemies with it, it's faithful and solid.

The Qbz I used in the beta a lot and it's a beast. The full auto FAMAS looks good, only recently unlocked it so haven't quite used it.

My most used guns are M16,MP5,Stoner.

My go to class is just abuse. I run lawbreaker. So it's essentially overkill. M16 w/ MP5, then I run Flak jacket. Gung ho and ghost. Because you can muddle and mix perks.

I sometimes swap flak for tactical mask and take out gung ho for ninja.

But running 2 primaries I need the gung ho for the faster weapon swap.

I will have other classes once a weapon is maxed. I will probably have an AR with 7 attachments, ninja and a launcher to combat lack of ghost.

I will also run a perk greed class soon, so I can go with Flak/tact, Scav, Quartermaster, Ghost and ninja.

I do still have a danger close class with double stun and X2 frags.

The Stoner is slow, but damn it packs a punch. Seriously, apart from the slow ads. It shreds for real!

Only gets better once you start getting speed attachments. It is really tasty and slept on imo.

I use it with cold blooded and a launcher for anti air. Just recently tried gear head with assault pack field upgrade to rack in the score.

Shooting down UAVs are 100 to your streak, add a few kills and objectives. It's easy to get those attack helis out. 😁

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I love the Cruise Missle😎

829974778_BlackOpsColdWar.thumb.jpg.1be4c7374e54ac1e647d043a213a296e.jpg

A quad was it? 😎 Yeah I keep forgetting you can use the cruise in bursts and split the missiles across the map. Personally I'm UAV/War Machine/Attack chopper.

For open maps like Satellite etc I use Artillery.

2 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Hey man!  

I know right! Was hardly an optimal choice of words. Or wait was it? 😋

I mean an LMG slow, but yeah things move slower when your stoned for sure. 👽

That is a high level shotgun. You may as well get that bad boy gold James!

I started using that Hauer on a newly made Aug class. I must say it's particularly fun on Armada Strike/Checkmate B Flag Dom.

Best I've managed was a triple with it. Mine is only level 5 with a couple of attachments.

That Gallo shotgun looks nasty and spamable. Can imagine it's brutal once you stack a few good attachments on it.

40 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

That Gallo shotgun looks nasty and spamable. Can imagine it's brutal once you stack a few good attachments on it.

I haven't tried the Gallo yet as I just can't let the Hauer go but I did have a go with it during the beta and it was incredibly OP. Even if one shot doesn't get the kill, the fire rate is so rapid that you're practically guaranteed it on the next! I don't think I've been killed by it very much though. 

I've really been struggling to get going with an SMG class today - tried the MP5, Bullfrog and Milano yet I really struggled particularly with them being barebones. Thankfully the AK74u feels really good and I've unlocked some good early attachments so it's already handling well.  

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I haven't tried the Gallo yet as I just can't let the Hauer go but I did have a go with it during the beta and it was incredibly OP. Even if one shot doesn't get the kill, the fire rate is so rapid that you're practically guaranteed it on the next! I don't think I've been killed by it very much though. 

I've really been struggling to get going with an SMG class today - tried the MP5, Bullfrog and Milano yet I really struggled particularly with them being barebones. Thankfully the AK74u feels really good and I've unlocked some good early attachments so it's already handling well.  

Yeah I've picked a couple up for a shot, it feels a lot like the BO1 spas and would probably work great with a silencer. Got pushed a few times on Crossroads Strike inside some of the buildings. Looked fairy strong.

A lot of guns need some attachments. The 74u with basic attachments is still good I agree. The MP5 just mauls people regardless of what attachments available.

The Hauer is satisfying but does take skill. You have to jink and dodge and weave to land the kills consistently at times.

Been using some of the AK47 and Aug a little. Both are strong guns for sure!

12 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Yeah I've picked a couple up for a shot, it feels a lot like the BO1 spas and would probably work great with a silencer. Got pushed a few times on Crossroads Strike inside some of the buildings. Looked fairy strong.

A lot of guns need some attachments. The 74u with basic attachments is still good I agree. The MP5 just mauls people regardless of what attachments available.

The Hauer is satisfying but does take skill. You have to jink and dodge and weave to land the kills consistently at times.

Been using some of the AK47 and Aug a little. Both are strong guns for sure!

Ah I keep forgetting about the AUG because it's a tactical rifle rather than an AR in this game. I unlocked it a few days ago but completely forgot to add it to a class so thanks for reminding me! 

1 minute ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Ah I keep forgetting about the AUG because it's a tactical rifle rather than an AR in this game. I unlocked it a few days ago but completely forgot to add it to a class so thanks for reminding me! 

It's easily as good as the M16, has a slower rate of fire and more damage. Think with some attachments it could be top tier. It feels really beastly already. The steady aim laser makes it pretty disgusting in CQC also!

Just uploaded a few Cold War clips on my PPR. Not of the Aug, but check them out to see how I've got on if you want. No pressure tho James. I wouldn't be offended if you didn't watch them. ☺️

Played a few games of Combined Arms tonight for a change. If you can get a decent lobby then it's superb fun otherwise it can be a clusterfuck of frustration. The Crossroads maps is pretty atrocious for this mode as snipers can plague the match - it's almost unbearable if you're on the receiving end and virtually spawn-trapped. It's great if your team are on top and playing offensively. Cartel works very well and Armada is reasonable despite being a bit fragmented. I wish there was a large Kill Confirmed mode but Assault (momentum) and Domination are good enough.

This is my best game so far probably score and fun-wise. 

418760145_CombinedArms.thumb.jpg.fa5c566f0e91d50c4fb5967f8c4122a5.jpg

When everyone puts in a shift and plays the objectives like this, matches can be incredible. When you have xXQwickSCopeZz on your team going 4-19 at the back of the map then it can be a totally different story though.

After the beta I haven't touched Miami but the Worst map I have played (alot) is armada, the only map I seem to get stuck in one spawn and running down ramps where someone inside can see your feet before you see anything is fucking dumb. Oh and being pre-aimed at the top of a ladder or a door ...wow such fun 😉